• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I ended up picking up a bug along the way, so I've been stuck inside with nausea, etc....have been on the phone with family and friends, but I don't dare pass this on to others...so looks like it will be a phone Christmas, and tomorrow I'll have a Christmas meal delivered to my door, so that I won't miss out on the food....and we'll see how much of it I can eat at a time. Every year the holiday is different...but this will be a first that I miss the family meal. I'm not "ill", just have nausea that just will not settle down....enough to know that something is not right, and I don't want to pass that on to others.

Have fun with your Dad this evening :)

:angel:

Terre

Renowned
{{hugs}} I hope all goes well otherwise.
I've got our turkey defrosting. i'll get in the over tomorrow morning.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Feel better, sky! Nothing worse than feeling sick on the holidays.

Merry Christmas,, Terre & Jim!

Merry Christmas everyone else!

Terre

Renowned
Turkey is in the oven. Christmas music is on. All is going well here. I hope you guys are having a good day too.

skylab

Esteemed
All is well here also. Heard from Dani this morning...and as I thought, challenges with Quinn have kept her extremely busy. Have fun everyone, enjoy the holiday meal!

skylab

Esteemed
Messing around with rendering a dancing turtle video...haha.

TURTLE DANCE.gif

Terre

Renowned
That is coming out well. Fun stuff.
I'm glad you heard from Dani, I've been wondering how she's doing as well.

skylab

Esteemed
I was rather stuffed as well....they brought me twice what I could eat, so I'll have yet another meal for today :) In addition to the usual turkey, dressing and trimmings, we also tend to fix things that are a once-a-year occasion. I usually fry the oysters every year, so this year someone else had to do my job in the kitchen. I knew I shouldn't be near handling the food with not feeling well. I guess the most popular item on our table is a huge dish of homemade macaroni and cheese (no box stuff during the holidays...haha). Box mac and cheese used to have almost deadly levels of sodium, but I've noticed that it's been reduced some in recent years....no wonder so many folks are on blood pressure meds now...between easy fix meals, pizza and fast food, it will send blood pressure soaring. The main culprit in pizza is the thick crust...you can reduce sodium by about a third by going with thin crust....but oh, I sure did used to love stuffed thick crust pizza :)

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I love homemade mac & cheese, but hubby doesn't. So I only get it on holidays. This year we made Christmas Meatballs. Our own recipe. Turned out pretty good and everyone loved them. We used store bought meatballs to save time, but if we made it again, hubby will make his own. He makes delicious meatballs. Yum!

Back to reality today. There will be hardly anyone in my team working, so I'll have plenty to do. :p

Hope you're feeling better, sky.

skylab

Esteemed
That sounds great....we used to have an administrator in our department, his wife made the best meatballs....and would send a heaping bowl of them to our holiday office parties, and we'd always pounce on them :) After 30 years together, everyone had their "specialty" foods that they contributed to the office gatherings. The funniest one we ever had was a surprise birthday party for three of our workers, and it wasn't easy keeping it a surprise....I helped one of the ladies wheel a long metal cart (when covered it looked like a stretcher) out to pick up all the food being delivered, we covered it with a sheet, and rolled it around like we were transporting a patient....haha. When we finally yanked the sheet, we had instant party :laugh:

And yes, I remember those days of very few working on the holidays, and having to pull double shifts...hard, confining work, but great opportunities for overtime pay :)

I'm doing okay....I seem to go in and out of nausea some still. Now that things have settled down to being a normal, I think getting extra rest will help some.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda....I see you survived your first day back at work :)

Tried rendering something a little different today (click to view larger version):

TOWER OFFICE ver2.jpg