• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
That came out very well. Good render. :)
Hopefully you will feel better soon, we were both a hair sick yesterday. Not enough to be a problem and ruin Christmas, just a bit uncomfortable.
As for today: I put in 9 hours at work today including locating a phoned in customer request. The guy doesn't live here but his sister does and an internet search showed us as the closest store that carried a brand and type of pic crust dough he was looking for. We actually have a different item in that brand but I was able to locate the one he wants and will be ordering it from KeHE to come in Tuesday. I have his name and number so I can let him know that I didi locate it and approximately what the retail will be and his sister can come and get it for him. It's just a 6 count case so the ones he doesn't need may sell well enough to keep it on the shelf in the future. We'll see.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Spent the evening trying to learn how to convert Stezza's tuna can with morph to a poser prop but couldn't get it to work with the morph.

skylab

Esteemed
I can't be of much help with that stuff, never tried it before. Janet might know how.

Linda, just sent you an email :)

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Thank you for the info.
Well hi.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I attempted to at least set up the frog and snail scene....but I couldn't figure out which flower that you used, so I just found one that was similar, but it can't morph and bend over.

FROG and SNAIL with TOON GLADE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hahahaha....what in the world kind of idea are you hatching now??? Hahaha.....that turkey will catch a cold without his feathers :) He looks like he must've went for a little ride, and been interrogated by Detective Rank :)

:laugh:

Terre

Renowned
I found out yesterday from a customer who lives close by our home that the Baptist minister who lives across the street from our house will have to spend at least 6 weeks in Florida with his son's family instead of the 3 or so he normally spends there for Christmas. He fell at the airport in Albuquerque pretty badly. Broke an arm that required surgery and broke some ribs. His son had to fly up there to get him out of the hospital and fly with him back to Florida. How they plan on getting him and his car back here when he comes home remains to be seen. He drives himself and his car is parked in a parking garage at Albuquerque International. The short route is 230 miles one way and includes taking some back roads. That's a long drive and he's nearly 80.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Wow, that's some trip for a man his age alone, and I guess he knows by now that he will have to make some changes. Change can be nearly as difficult as the consequences that we suffer by missing the signals for the need for change. One day, sometimes suddenly, age violates our independence, our schedule, our routine....and finally the way that we see ourselves, so that we have to yield to doing things differently. Been there and done that. I used to routinely drive that far alone, and thought nothing of it. Now I limit myself to a trip to the grocery store. I learned from my aunt and uncle's experience with that....they got their car stuck in the mud one time in a long driveway after a big rain, and one of them was on a walker needing knee replacement, and the other was very weak on a cane....and they were truly in a mess that took awhile to get out of. So when my time came to make some changes, I'd always ask myself what would I have to do if I got into a jam...and if the answer was something that was beyond my reasonable ability to do, then I chose not to do it.

:bee: