• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hallelujah...at least this sim was a tremendous improvement! And PG, I wondered if I even had the right area, if it was possibly in the forum area...I'll check :)

geth test7.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
It would look better if the folds were loosened up a bit...I guess that would be accomplished in the settings I left out possibly. The default fold resistance was 5...I set it back to 4. Think it should be more?

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Skylab that is the link to the freebies at PFD. My tutes are on the Forum at Login in pdg's Tutorials. I don't think I ever set up a freebie page but I have posted a lot of them in various threads over time.

The Offsets are in Step 2 of the Cloth Room where you set the Collisions earlier. These offsets can be set separately for any body part or prop to fine tune the sim if necessary.

I meant to edit my post not quote it. Dumb...... I forgot that a person needs an account to access the forums. Old age and dementia.

I know this is time sensitive to you due to the subject matter involved so I will sporadically drop back into this thread as I am able.

skylab

Esteemed
I really appreciate your help PG. And yes, I have an account, so I can get in the forums. Do you go by the same name there?

skylab

Esteemed
Great PDG :) I'll take a look there when I take my break. Thank you so much, you've already helped me enough to at least get a decent promo...with a change of texture and a dab of post work here and there, it will at least work. I'll try to tweak it more tonight. Now I'll break for lunch and start working on the other poses. If the sim didn't take so long to run, I'd try another run now, but this particular robe takes quite awhile, so I'll run the second sim on it during my nap time.

Thanks again so much PDG, and if you have any other tips or just want to come by and chat, please do come back...I'm always open to learning from someone who knows what they're doing :)

...and I do understand the health challenges...same here. I wanted to do this project while I was still able. It's possible that I could improve, but I just want to do these projects that I've put off for a very long time....so I work a little on it, and rest, then work a little, and rest some more. Hope your health improves...hang in there!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky, I found PDG's tutorials here --> Login

I haven't gone through them yet, so can't point you to a specific Cloth Room/Simulation tutorial, but there's a lot of them there, so I'm sure there's one that'll be of use to you.

Oh, and yes, lowering the Offsets will work much better. I've actually used 0.250 or 0.300 with some cloths, because 1.0 seems too high.

Oh and yes, that last sim looked much better. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Thanks for that :) I'll grab anything on the Poser Cloth Room...since I sure need it right now! And that's what I need...is some idea of how much is too much as far as the settings go. The two things that changed were checking the Universe, instead of all the separate body parts like Steve Shank's video tutorial, and then changing the cloth self-collision, and fold resistance was set at 4.000 instead of 5.000, those changes made the difference you see in the last render.

skylab

Esteemed
Got it Miss B, found the tutorials...I think they're more like forum discussions than PDF downloads...so I'll take time later checking that out :)

We've covered a lot of information here in the last two days, and it's worth saving as a PDF, so I'll do that once the project is completed, then we won't have to search for it when it's needed. It might be good to upload it to ShareCG as part 2 of my basic cloth room tutorial.

skylab

Esteemed
I've attached this pose to this post, in case anyone wants to try it, in case the arms raised position affects the sim.

Lunch time :)

Attachments

• M4 GETH PRAY 1.zip
    42.2 KB · Views: 181

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Got it Miss B, found the tutorials...I think they're more like forum discussions than PDF downloads...so I'll take time later checking that out :)

We've covered a lot of information here in the last two days, and it's worth saving as a PDF, so I'll do that once the project is completed, then we won't have to search for it when it's needed. It might be good to upload it to ShareCG as part 2 of my basic cloth room tutorial.

Yes; the stuff I post is done as needed in response to questions. Not traditional PDF downloads. That is what makes it hard for me to point you at a specific thread. Just look at the "Dynamics" stuff. You will find everything you need. If not just ask. I won't be back today but I'll be by first thing in the morning. Much like I was this morning. I have three rods in my back among other health problems and cannot sit at my desk for long.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everyone :)

Yes Terre, things are finally moving forward...had a good nap, and have created the seven poses for this set, so that frees me up to work on the robe sim some more.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Persistence is a good thing Sky. I'm sure you'll get it to work the way you want soon.

skylab

Esteemed
Indeed, it has taken a bit of persistence to complete this project :) Doing some test sims and renders on other poses now, along with changing Jo's tank water :)

skylab

Esteemed
Never could have done it without you and PDG helping...it was starting to appear hopeless.

I'm using the free orange robe, and just applied a beige woven texture to tone things down a little :)

I've been thinking, perhaps it would be a good idea to just include a quick, basic dynamic robe tutorial with the pose set download, since I'm using the free robe, it would be easy for others to follow the steps that worked for me. Mine is not as pretty as PDG...she's really got the cloth room mastered, but I consider it a privilege that she took time to stop in and help me out. I intend to mention her, and all of you who participate in this thread, on the download page for credit for your efforts. Again, I couldn't have pulled this one off alone...for one thing, the sims take quite a lot of time, and it would have taken forever with a hit or miss method...haha :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, I've done sims with 60 frames, and yes they take time. I've found it depends on the piece of clothing, but everyone has their own preferences, so every time I try to sim a new piece of clothing, it's trial and error, even though I'm feeling more comfortable in the Cloth Room then I did a few months ago.