• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Heading out soon for errands...supposed to be a pretty day so want to get out and enjoy it. Have a good day all. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I'm taking it easy awhile this morning as I started new medication today. Always new side effects to get used to, so I got errands and cooking done yesterday, to limit being on my feet this morning. I'll crawl out by this evening. So far, so good. Just doing piddly type things on the project for now...like locating stuff in my archive and running outfits through Crossdresser...so when I get back up to speed, I'll have something with which to work. I had forgotten how much historical stuff I'd collected over the years, and it's fun using some of the old models again....been a long time since I'd used M2 and M3.

Just checking in to say hello...I'll probably be back on later :)

skylab

Esteemed
Thought I'd try being up for awhile...so far so good, in fact, I must say, I feel better than usual. Maybe the med switch will be a good thing :)

skylab

Esteemed
Have been running test renders of cross with soldier in order to get started on poses. Time for a nap break now. :)

skylab

Esteemed
I've set up a basic scene until Mark gets the model ready, so that I can be preparing the pose set. Here's work in progress showing Roman guards casting lots.

ROMAN GUARDS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah...thanks :) How are things going for you? Figured you've been busy fighting with Poser...have you won the battle yet? Haha.... :)

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Worse than that... I've been re-building ALL of Nataani's dirt maps, along with their associated bump and normal maps because of one seam issue, which was compounded further by an update to the underlying skin resource. LOL

Been working on these maps since round about last Thursday, fighting with one technical hardware/software issue after another along the way with it, too. Finally making some headway on them; I've got the texture maps (hopefully!) fixed, and am in the midst of generating new bumps and normals and updating the MAT pose files...

skylab

Esteemed
I thought you must've been in deep with it, since you weren't posting anywhere much on the forum. Even though it's been difficult and a ton of work, I bet you've learned a lot through it all. Before long, you'll have that Poser material room mastered.

Couldn't help but think of you today, when Poser crashed on my first draft of the poses pictured above. Made me so mad I was seeing purple...but it's par for the course with this stuff. Thankfully I had named the scene file, and so it had saved up to a point, so I only had half of it to redo. I've learned the hard way not to do complicated poses with fully dressed models....so it was the early stage, poses only file that crashed out. Anyway, I was able to apply the test poses to the scene file, and everything held together without crashing. For some reason, it's crashing when I save to the library....so it could be Poser, or it could be Microsoft.

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
LOL Yeah... I've been working on the texture maps. Haven't even touched Poser since this came down the pipeline.

Not sure what to tell you for the crashing; you're right and it could be either Poser, or M$, or both of them at once...