• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, I don't think it will be a problem. Working on converting the M4 crucifixion pose set for DS...almost done :)

skylab

Esteemed
I've been back and forth in contact with Mark today, and he seems to think it would be possible to model a hill with three crosses...it will be about a week before he can start on the project, so that will give me time to work on the poses...possibly a couple Roman soldiers and a few other people. First step will be searching for reference photos...for the modeling as well as the posing.

The response has been good to his Last Supper room model...over 70 downloads in about 12 hours, I'd say there's an interest all right. In reviewing my uploads, there's been nearly 900 downloads of the original M4 crucifixion set, and more amazing, nearly 600 downloads of the biblical houses set that I made for Sarah's project...it was just that, it was created specifically for her project, and passing it to her by way of ShareCG was the only way I could think of to get it to her several states away...and I decided to leave it up there when others expressed an interest. If she were alive today, she'd probably get a good chuckle off of the fact that it's still being used. The interest and desire for biblical themes is definitely there, just a shortage in skilled modelers who share that interest. I'm so pleased that Mark is willing. Looks like I'll be a busy bee for the next few weeks :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're really on a roll Sky, and with Easter not until the end of the month, you should have everything done by then.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) That's what I was hoping. It'll be a steady work pace, but a month is a realistic time frame for everything that has to be done.

The best photos for reference of that area and that time in history is probably the movies Jesus of Nazareth, and The Nativity Story, as they paid so much attention to authentic presentation, costumes, customs, lighting, as well as artistic presentation. I've already observed from Mark's work...and he's like me in that regard...he doesn't begin a project until he ponders reference photos to get a feel for the subject.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everyone :)

Got the DS4 .duf conversion of the APOLLO CRUCIFIXION uploaded, and announced here and at RDNA that Mark and I will be working together on this project for Easter.

I was glad to see yesterday, when I posted the latest sets, that the edit feature had returned to RDNA forum posts...yay!! It's hard when dealing with links and stuff to get it all right the first time o_O

skylab

Esteemed
Apollo Roman Officer converted for M3. Just the sandals need tweaking, pretty good results with Crossdresser. Probably will use M3 and Apollo for the soldiers in the scene.

M3 ROMAN OFFICER conversion test.jpg