• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Whenever it's a library issue, it could be either...and the fact that the problem mysteriously comes and goes, it smells like a Microsoft issue.

I know you've been working extremely hard on those textures...you'll be writing texture tutorials like crazy after this :)

skylab

Esteemed
When 3D work gets intense like that for a long period of time, that's when I used to retreat to Nursoda character comedy...it was a great stress reliever.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When 3D work gets intense like that for a long period of time, that's when I used to retreat to Nursoda character comedy...it was a great stress reliever.

Heh. When it gets to be too much, I pull back totally off the pc and bury myself in crochet or jewelry making for a few hours. :) I might still be a growly wolf when I come back, but at least I'm not trying to bite anyone by that point. ^_^

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, that's what it takes...doing something entirely different in order to disengage from the frustration. Sometimes I play computer games on my desktop....simple stuff, like scrabble or match 3 type of games....they're simple enough to not require a lot of concentration, but just engaging enough to take my mind off the aggravation. It's a way a pulling back toward the logical side, away from the emotional, so as not to pop blood vessels...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I think I've done enough for this morning...here are WIP pics...further work on the Roman guards (Apollo), and John with the two Mary's (M3 and V3). Definitely time for rest now :)

ROMAN GUARDS at cross.jpg

JOHN with MARYS.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up, Sky. I have most of Corvas' fix morphs for the Gen4's and a couple of the ones he(?) did for the Gen3's also. This looks very useful.

skylab

Esteemed
That's why I posted the tip...I know you like to use older figures, and the fix morphs are nice to have :) And, that's a nice freebie add-on.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, yes it is. Awful Soul had some nice fix morphs in one of their V4 products - I forget which one - I have used them as well before. Actually, part of the reason I even bought the product was for those fix morphs. LOL It's no longer available, of course, it was at RDNA before they moved stores - again...

This one looks very handy. Nice catch. ^_^ Corvas does some really nice work with the fix morphs...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm a fan of Corvas' morph fixes. I have several of them for gen3 and gen4 figures, and I got an email recently telling me V4Lite was updated, so I've already downloaded that fix.

skylab

Esteemed
I have Corvas Gen3 and 4 bundles with the thought in mind if I ever got serious about the quality of renders, they would be needed, and I didn't want them to disappear like things often do for older figures. But with doing so much pose work, I try as much as possible to use the base figure only. Usually I keep promos simple. I'm putting a little more effort into the most recent project for Mark's benefit. I'll need to get these poses converted to .duf and sent to him, so he will have them to set up his scene when testing the model.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning :) Seliah, if you happen to swing by, wanted to ask....do you know of a good utility that would reset M4 hands to zero, without resetting the whole figure? I tried one of the Roman guard poses on M4, and it works for his legs and general placement, but his hands are a mess. I was just wondering if there's a shortcut to correcting this, so that I can fix the hands and then save the whole pose for M4?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Good morning :) Seliah, if you happen to swing by, wanted to ask....do you know of a good utility that would reset M4 hands to zero, without resetting the whole figure? I tried one of the Roman guard poses on M4, and it works for his legs and general placement, but his hands are a mess. I was just wondering if there's a shortcut to correcting this, so that I can fix the hands and then save the whole pose for M4?

Morning, Sky. :)

Do you need the utility for Poser or for Studio?

I can put together a quick set of Zero poses for his hands. It would only take me about five minutes to do. I just need to know which format you need them in.

skylab

Esteemed
Gee, I wish it wasn't an inconvenience for you...but, if it's a zip, then Poser is definitely my basic workflow. The Apollo poses so mangle the hands, it looks like M4 was run over by a truck...and it's hard to determine which finger is which...it's that bad...haha.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's not an inconvenience at all. Like I said, it would only take me about five minutes, tops.

I'll put together a couple of hand resets. Give me a few minutes. ;)