• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay, here you go, Sky. :)

I will probably flesh this out later on to do a full set of resets for both M4 and V4, just like I did for Dawn, Dusk, and Luna. But for now this will get you what you need for just M4's hands.

You'll find 3 Resets in Poser (.pz2) format : Left Hand, Right Hand, and Both Hands.

Attachments

• COF-HandResetPoses-M4.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 223

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry for the delay. Me and my damn ADHD... I got distracted watching a video of Obama pretty much tearing the Republicans to pieces. LOL

skylab

Esteemed
Thank you, that you :) It will help so much. I'm looking at doing a lot of conversions between now and the weekend, and this will save a lot of time. Heard from Mark this morning...he's wrapping up the job he is working on and will start of the hill model probably Sunday. He works super fast, so it probably won't take him very long, so I'm hustling to be ready...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Trying to decide whether to do a full set using M3....I already know most people will gravitate to M4, so I'll be doing those. Some people may not use Apollo, though he's the best choice for this particular scene because of his stocky build, and the fact that he has a Roman guard and officer outfit still available on Rendo...and both are on sale until end of the month, by the way. I'm compiling a list a clothing that I used...will post.

skylab

Esteemed
Mary (and Mary Magdalene) with Jesus Pieta:
V4 Peasant Dress with Nun Veil add-on from RDNA
Peasant Dress for V4
Nun Veil for V4

M4 Lion Wrap came from Pappy's biblical models that used to be at Rendo, but it looks like his store is no longer there.

John's wearing the M4 Karate outfit from DAZ
Karate Gi M4 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Crowd scene at cross:

Roman officer for Apollo
Roman Officer 3D Models 3D Figure Essentials adh3d

Roman guards casting lots
Roman Legionary 3D Models 3D Figure Essentials adh3d

...and I think everything else came from Poserworld, lots of choices there, especially M3.

John character is wearing this priest robe, since it was dark and loose fitting:
High priest for Mike 3 - Poser World

Both Marys are wearing a V3 biblical gown:
Biblical gown - Poser World

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, Poserworld has a lot of good choices for this kind of theme, especially for the older figures as well.

I'd say it's up to you whether or not you do a conversion for M3. I'm kind of an oddball when it comes to using the older figures. I know most folks don't go back any further than M4/V4, though I still pull figures out as far back as V2/M2, and sometimes even still my old P4 male/females as well.

skylab

Esteemed
In this particular case it was just easier to use M3 than to go through conversions and fitting just for a promo. Same with Apollo, the Roman guard clothing was made for him, so it was just easier to go that way. I know people are going to prefer M4 however, both Poser and DS users. I still have to do the DS .duf conversions for the poses, since Mark uses DS also (geez...I'm surrounded...haha).

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, but at least with the DS conversions, if you do them in Poser first, all you have to do is load the pose and the save it back to the library for DS. You don't have to re-build the pose or anything like that. :)

Edit to add : I did cross-post the quick-and-dirty M4 hand resets to my freebie thread. I'll let you know once I have fleshed out the full set later on, as I think with all your posing work, you might find having things like left foot, or right leg-only resets useful.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh absolutely, having isolated body part resets would be valuable. I never realized how much so until recently, because up until now, I haven't done that many conversions. If I remember correctly, M3 and M2 poses play nicely together, but everything beyond that needs hand and foot tweaking. Another thing that can mess up a pose is IK...if it's on, and you forget to uncheck it, a lot of twisted ankles result...so to keep from making M4 hop around on crutches during recovery, it's best to remember to get IK out of the loop first :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hop around on crutches... :rofl:

Yeah, I do a LOT of posing work (you can see how much just by looking at my site... LOL), so I find reset poses to be invaluable. For some reason I never thought to distribute what I have or what I make along the way for resets, though. Other than the basic full body, upper and lower body zeroes that come with some of my pose sets. Weird.

I did do a full set of Zero poses for Dawn/Dusk/Luna, and I will flesh out the M4 ones here to include a full set of Zeroes for him as well as V4 and K4. I have to poke through my pose library again... I think I might actually have most of the M3/V3 zeroes already put together as well just from working with them over the years...

This is a good break in between pulling my hair out over Nataani's bump and normal maps... :lol:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If I remember correctly, M3 and M2 poses play nicely together, but everything beyond that needs hand and foot tweaking.

Mmm... I have found that Genesis 1 also takes the M3/V3 poses very nicely as well. Some minor tweaks on the hands/fingers and feet, but those really are minor usually.

IK I never fully understood. I just know that because my poses frequently put the figures into some extreme bends, that more often than not I have to turn off the IK in Poser for the poses to work properly. And I frequently have to turn off the limits on the figure in Studio as well for the same reason.

skylab

Esteemed
Nataani still giving you a fit? It will be a major victory for you when he's completed, I know. We're all rooting for you :snoopydance:

Seeing the Snoopy dance reminds me, I need to check the post office...my Peanuts 3D movie DVD should arrive any time. It grieved me to not be able to go to the theater when it was released, since I'm probably the biggest Peanuts fan that ever was. Had to settle for waiting for the DVD, but I ordered it the very first day of release...I would wait no longer...haha. I did get the Making of Peanuts book...which would be a handy reference for anyone trying to model the characters...have a peek, since someone put it on YouTube :snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
The IK in Poser is supposed to assist in realistic positioning of the legs...it's handy to grab the hip of the character with IK on and squash or turn the figure, and watch what happens to the legs. I'm sure there are other uses. Otherwise, almost all of my poses involve "feet off the floor" poses, so it just doesn't help me.

Thanks for the tip about M3 and Genesis....I could begin my poses in M3, then transfer for tweaking in Genesis. That decides it, if M3 works well with Genesis, I'll begin with doing a M3 Last Supper set, and knock out two figures at one time while doing it...good tip!

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Peanuts was such a great comic strip. It really was classic. :)

M3 poses... yes, some will need a little more tweaking than others when used on Genesis 1. Note that I have NOT tried any M3 poses on Genesis 2's or 3's, though, I'm only talking about Genesis 1 here.

In general, they do "cross over" fairly well, but you do need to do a little bit of tweaking, usually in the fingers/hands and feet.

skylab

Esteemed
If I can get a M3 to Genesis 1 set done, tweak the Genesis set, wouldn't the Genesis 1 poses work with Genesis 2 or 3? or not?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If I can get a M3 to Genesis 1 set done, tweak the Genesis set, wouldn't the Genesis 1 poses work with Genesis 2 or 3? or not?

I honestly am not sure, Sky. I don't really use the G2's much at all. I'll test it out with some other poses and see how they perform.

For Genesis 3's... absolutely, no way would Genesis 1 poses function on them. Or Genesis 2. The G3's have a totally, completely different rigging to them, and the poses are basically not compatible with them from earlier generations.

Nataani still giving you a fit? It will be a major victory for you when he's completed, I know. We're all rooting for you :snoopydance:

He's been one heck of a trip, I'll say that much! Yes, he's giving me fits again. I had to do some updates on his texture maps, and the resulting updates means I can't use the bump and normal maps that I had for him previously, so I also have to generate new bump and normal maps.... annnnnd I have to adjust all the MAT poses to apply the textures as the new bumps and normals will mean I need new values set on the materials... sigh.

So yeah. I'm still hammering away on his pack. I just re-did about 100mbs in texture maps, and I have to do about the same number in bumps and normal maps yet.

skylab

Esteemed
My goodness...sounds like a total remake o_O That has to be massively discouraging, but on the other hand, you'll have it mastered when this is over. I guess if the truth be told, my biggest disasters...that is, computer crashes, loss of work, Poser crashing/failing somehow have all been a part of the process of mastering work flow. I know people who are just starting out possibly don't want to hear that, but it's true.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One of the first things I did when I got this new rig (my lovely little Toshiba laptop lol), was to open up DS and fill the scene with as much stuff as I could... add in a DOF camera and a whole TON of lights... and see if I could kill it. LOL!!

I know that sounds like it's nuts, but this image was me benchmarking my new pc, so that I could get an idea of what her limits are for resources. This entire image was rendered together, in one pass. No separate layers or anything like that. 10 figures ranging from M3 to V4, M4, and Genesis 1's, 11 lights and a DOF camera. It didn't even try to crash; whole thing rendered in about an hour or two :
http://orig06.deviantart.net/6e32/f/2015/198/2/f/aftermath_by_childe_of_fyre-d91qtdq.jpg

Meanwhile, Poser could not even render this. It crashed to the desktop when I tried. I had to take the scene into Studio to get it to render. An M4, a V4, one Dawn, Dusk, and Luna :
http://orig07.deviantart.net/94c4/f/2015/272/d/b/littlefoot_mall_by_childe_of_fyre-d9bcs00.jpg

And that is why I'm a DS user for artwork, and Poser is only for content support. :)

skylab

Esteemed
I can't imagine placing that much in a scene at one time...because I'm used to the "white screen" in the middle of my work...when you get that little hint that comes in the form of "Poser is not responding" prompts, and then zap, it vanishes. I had to learn to save my work often, or else...the white screen monster could eat it...haha :)