• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Seliah :) I was wondering if I could get this completed within 24 hours, and I made it. My eyes are screaming of course...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the DS4 conversion...worked fine, even the scene file saved without problems. I've failed to mention, with these sets you definitely have to turn off limits since the poses are so extreme. It's possible that they will still need tweaking in the hands especially, but I tried to correct any major issues after conversion.

DS4 APOLLO LAST SUPPER

DS4 APOLLO LAST SUPPER.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'm taking a break from posing...searching around for freebies. Only a few so far for Genesis 3 males, but Wilmap had an entire wardrobe for Genesis, including Native American, Pioneer, and even a '60's style suit that would work for a cool Beatles pose set :)

Seliah, I really like your new avatar :)

Think I'll crash for a nap, and be back on later :sleep:

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm taking a break from posing...searching around for freebies. Only a few so far for Genesis 3 males, but Wilmap had a entire wardrobe for Genesis, including Native American, Pioneer, and even a '60's style suit that would work for a cool Beatles pose set :)

Yeah, Wilmap does a LOT of clothes. Check her website... she's got stuff for the G2's and G3's as well.

Seliah, I really like your new avatar :)

Heh.. thanks. The old one was my character Vincent out of one of my storylines... I have been using that avatar for over ten years. It was past time to change it. :) LOL

Have a good rest, Sky.

skylab

Esteemed
So much for my nap....thought I'd try loading one of Wilmap's items onto my laptop DS4.7, and I finally found the content after I put it in there...I'm so excited, I think the nap will have to wait awhile...haha.

I think I'm finally getting it...in Poser, you have one runtime, unless you choose to create separate runtimes for yourself. The DAZ3D library must be for DAZ installed content only, and the My DAZ 3D Library is for adding content...but it doesn't show under Smart Content...it's in the Content Library tab, where a ga-zillion things are showing up from Poser runtimes, in tree form, which can be rather lengthy to pick through, but it's there. For a Poser user, this would freak them out, especially if they are used to separate runtimes. In DS, it throws everything together under Content Library o_O Oh well, at least it's there...so I'm happy :)

Okay...I'm gone again . . .

skylab

Esteemed
Wilmap's Roman robe for Genesis...only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to access the materials, but otherwise it will work for an LS set.

GENESIS WILMAP ROBE 2.jpg
]

skylab

Esteemed
This is just a first attempt at trying to get the robe into a seated position, most of which will be out of sight behind Mark's table. What I do like is everything appears to be very lightweight...it would be nice if at least one set could have clothed figures. I used the "fit to" feature to get the hair to work, so I'm wondering if I could use "fit to" on the robe to get it to work with Genesis 2, which is my preference. The robe has a short option, which might make more sense and be less work for seated characters.

WILMAP'S GENESIS ROMAN OUTFIT

GENESIS WILMAP ROBE SEATED.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, now that my curiosity has been satisfied, at least for now, I'll try again on the nap idea...see everyone later :)

skylab

Esteemed
Nap....who am I kidding....

Here's the short version, again, had to satisfy my curiosity. Circle the airport one more time, and try for a landing this time...:sleep:

GENESIS WILMAP ROBE SHORT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
It was sort of a winding down, not exactly a nap...but at least I went horizontal awhile. Mostly my computer brain was still processing while the rest of me took it easy...haha.

Played around with the surfaces, since I never really found the mats, but actually this would work nicely to use the colors in the painting for each character.

GENESIS ROBE RED-BLUE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I didn't think it was possible to even find a robe for the newer models, so was delighted to find this. Another possibility is, I noticed when accessing the "fit to" function, it had an option to select older models, like M4 or David, as the clothing origin...so if that be the case, I have a number of robes for older figures that I could try using. If I get it to work, I'll post info how to do it, in case it will benefit others in the future.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, the "fit to" feature for older models is only functioning with Genesis in my version of DS. This was a David 3 robe, and it looked pretty good at zero pose...about like Crossdresser would do...but when I bent the arms downward, both shoulders popped outside the cloth. I'll test a few more robes, but this doesn't look very promising. It distorted even in zero pose when Michael 5 was applied to the base Genesis.

GENESIS D3 ROBE.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Some fiddly work required it seems.

Meanwhile the roof is done just in time for me to head back to work. :)