• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yay! Glad you're getting some serious storage...it will make a big difference in your workflow. I actually store my Poser runtimes on my archive drive, so that I can just copy them over to the hard drive if I need to, or just keep them stored when I'm doing other stuff. Hard drive will run much better with some room to process files.

Making great progress toward moving, and it looks like I may be able to complete the move ahead of schedule....that's why I was sticking with the project so closely, in hopes of moving by spring, rather than fall. I've got rippling muscles all through my arms from doing so much overhead lifting...haha. My legs are stronger, but still need a lot of work. I'm going to try using exercise bands on them to see if I can build up more strength. So far I've stood a few times without support from the cane, and one day I actually took a few steps with stuff in my arms....it wasn't so graceful, but I made it without falling :) The type of work that I've been doing in order to pack up could be called an extreme gym routine simply because it's around the clock with only short times of rest. If I come through the other side of this experience with more strength in my legs, it will be a double reward, a bonus, in addition to having a new home :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
So far, so good. This morning for example, I knew I needed to rest. I can usually tell....it's something about how my eyes start rolling around like marbles....hahaha. Usually then I can go immediately to sleep. Then after a few hours of rest, I'm good to go again. I'm sorta like a computer that hibernates, but never really shuts down. I can go to sleep thinking about how to solve a moving problem, and then wake up with the answer...haha....that's a pretty efficient use of time. I do the same thing with 3D work by the way :) End of this week I'll start hunting around for a new bed, so that it can be delivered directly to the destination, and I'll have helpers for when the actual move takes place. One of my "problem solving" issues was how to deal safely with moving Jo, my goldfish. He's so big that netting him tears his fins and it takes awhile for it to heal, and I'd like to avoid that. I think what I'll do is purchase a tank that's a little larger for a fresh setup at the destination, and just take his water level down to the bare necessities, put him on the front seat of the car with me so that I can talk to him during the trip (he likes to be talked to), then upon arrival at the destination, strap him in his old tank on a hand truck and wheel him to the elevators, and when arriving to the room, get someone there to help tip his old tank sideways, while I help him do a water slide into the new tank....haha. He likes to do water slides when I'm changing his water...so to him it would be like playing....but he doesn't like the net, so that method doen't work for him. Hopefully it will work, and he could move up from a 15 gallon to a 20 gallon tank. At least we're crossing our fins that it will work.

JO-GOLDFISH---2018--450x359.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Sounds like you have things well in hand. Good luck and please keep listening to when your body says to get some rest.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, trying to be watchful and careful, and frankly I've been surprised at how quickly I'm bouncing back physically after extremely long, hard work. Helps to have some grace at work, to strengthen and enable. This change is something I've been wanting for awhile, but it had to wait until the time was right. It will make life so much easier and safer, so excitment provides a little extra positive push :)

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I hear you on moving Jo. When we moved from PA to TX, we had about 10 or so hamsters. Back seat of car completely filled with cages. TX to AZ we had 1 hamster, 1 cat and 2 dogs. AZ to IN, 1 cat, 2 dogs and 2 birds. Smuggled them all into a motel overnight. Thankfully they were all quiet. We took a vacuum with us so we could clean up pet hair before we checked out. :cool: Fortunately, our cat LOVED car rides as much as the dogs. The birds didn't care one way or the other.

Spent the evening in the ER with Dad. His CHF was acting up and he was extremely short of breath. Keeping him a few days with IV Lasix to get as much fluid out of him as they can. I hadn't seen him without a shirt on for some time, but man...he looks like a skeleton with skin on. Even the Dr. was concerned until I explain that Dad has cancer. Then had to explain why we don't know what type or where it's located. Dad just doesn't want to know or have any treatment for it. Dr. felt that was a reasonable attitude due to Dad's age. He'll be 88 this year and has had cancer several times over his life. His regular dr. said something else will kill him before the cancer does. He's just tired of suffering and is ready to go. He told me that 10 years ago. Back then I told him he couldn't go (because I had just moved back to hometown) but I've made my peace with it now.

So tomorrow I can start moving stuff to the new HD finally. I downloaded everything non-Daz that I'm going to install. Daz stuff got installed through CMS as the customer service rep I've been working with said that would save me the most HD space. Still can't get Bob working but at least they're still trying to figure out why.

skylab

Esteemed
I've ordered one last Seagate to use for archiving during the transition period. Thank God I had been extremely diligent with organizing my last archive so that I'll be able to find stuff and get up and running with 3D quickly once I'm settled. I'm labeling the outside of all my archives, since when you disassemble everything, it tends to all look alike unless there are obvious labels to help with re-assembly. It's looking like I'll be able to enjoy some 3D work again by late spring at least. Yay!

You description of moving all your critters sounded cute. You're definitely resourceful to be able to do so many at one time...haha. I've never tried to move a goldfish in a big tank before so I had to ponder it awhile. Jo's fairly patient, but stress and changes are always something to watch where fish are concerned, but he's not nearly as persnickity as tropical fish would be. Jo of course would be sensitive to his water level dropping and then sloshing around in a moving car, but he's just as sensitive to voices, which probably amounts to vibration. He gets nervous if he hears low, booming, men's voices, or loud music. He's used to my softer voice with a slightly baby talk flavor added for a calming effect. He "naps" in the back corner of his tank....and all I have to say is "ready for your food?", "...want some breakfast", or "how's my fishy boy today" and he immediately relocates to the front of the tank, doing celebration figure 8's. One might think that it's conditioning to the food that brings out the response, but he will continue doing figure 8's and "greeting" me as long as I'm near the tank, THEN he will start eating. He's very aware of my presence, and he's been a wonderful companion....so I'm thinking he will be fine as long as he can hear my voice. I'll probably just end up singing to him en route :) I've done that on nights during loud thunderstorms or other "fishy crisis" situations.

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Haha caught a raccoon strolling down the sidewalk tonight.

Dad in room now. Be in hosp a few more days before tube comes out.