• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Interesting effect when I deleted the sphere from the hair ball....the hair straightened, and remained visible, which could be useful. Just a tip discovered when playing with it :)

fuzz-ball-minus-sphere.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Or choosing brighter materials for the hair, might make an interesting glowing orb, with point light...lots of potential tricks :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
That's good....having the connection cutting in and out can be really aggravating. In our case, there are so many folks in our neighborhood using the same service, that there are peak times when the connection is really poor. That's why I do certain things after midnight, after things settle down.

:coding:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wheelchair theft! OMG my youngest son was wild as a teenager. When my older son had surgery on his clubbed foot he needed a wheelchair. My youngest son said, "Oh I have one!" ??? Turns out my son as a teenager was goofing around with his friends at the hospital. They found some wheelchairs and started racing them up and down the hallway. Then one of his friends stole one and it got left at our house. Came in handy that's for sure. Still though I feel bad for the hospital.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, I can remember as a young kid racing wheelchairs up and down the hallway after my surgery (I was a rather lively patient....haha...and easily influenced by an older kid who was also a patient on the same ward). But the scenario in the news was carried out by a grown man, and he physically dumped the old lady out of the chair, and tried to make off with it, but folks who saw him do it ganged up on him and at least got the chair back, he fled, and the cops picked him up later. That's why I only go out when absolutely necessary....because of the difference in the way folks treat people now, especially the elderly and handicapped. When one is handicapped, you do what is necessary to remain safe, so I'd much rather be at home than to go out.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
That will speed up your rendering and program function. I think I always skip the Poser installers since I already have my props set up in the Poser runtime. I've archived the figures since I'll be primarily working in Studio now, but I'll probably always need to access the props and vehicles.

skylab

Esteemed
I could take my figure runtimes off my drive since I'm installling everything through Studio....and was sort of the same thing...eliminating duplicates. I'm aiming to keep between 900 gig and 1 T free, since things work better with lots of processing space. It also compensates some for the lack of a good video card.