• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Took longer to setup all the devices than it did to set up the modem. :D We now return to our regularly scheduled play time!

skylab

Esteemed
Oh look, another phantom deletion :) All the way back to page one. Guess it's my imagination again?

deletion.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
We have TOLD you that we will delete links to commercial products. I deleted ONE post of yours where you did that, and another from someone else that referred to it because it made no sense

This is really inappropriate, Sky. If you have a problem with a post being deleted, kindly talk to us privately, don't complain in the forum.

skylab

Esteemed
I was simply showing what I'm seeing....as it sounded as if you all didn't know about it happening. Going all the way back to page one is way before this was happening, so you'll probably find a lot there that falls in this category, but after nearly four years, the links may not even be effective. Whatever....is fine....last time I'll address it.

:coding:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you think things have been removed in error (ie there is something wrong with the forum, then posting in this thread is not the best place to post in order to have something done). If that is the case, letting Lisa know will allow her to investigate.

skylab

Esteemed
I figured you could get more creative and have more freedom if you had the scene files. This is what I was hoping to accomplish with modeling...to get the characters modeled the right way, and rigged...then the rendering options would be unlimited. I was thinking that modeling one base character successfully could be used for all the characters, with scaling, different hair styles, and clothing. Who knows, maybe it will yet happen...but I lost my nerve somewhere in the land of inverted normals and n-gons.

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Well I like the base figure that's not rigged. That way I scaled and repositioned the arms to look like his hands were in his pockets. My problem with modeling is UV maps and unwrapping. Ugh. Mess them up all the time. Then the rigging...it's confusing. My modeling attempts included an acorn, a wine bottle and a heart box with ribbon and bow. Done in blender but I no longer have the files. :( The blender rigging consisted of copy/pasting. :laugh:

skylab

Esteemed
I found a couple more "parts" that I'll be emailing to you shortly....a CB head with the "good grief" expression, and another head that has the wide smile expression. I've got to zip the scene files, then I'll send :)

:snoopydance: