• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah....and since they produce a new freebie just about every day, thought it a good idea to just post the main link :)

Was pondering how to give the turkey a "fresh out of the dryer, fluffy" appearance....haha....but I think that might be beyond my Studio skill level :)

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Fluffiness like this?
fluffy.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hahaha.....Guess that could work. I was trying to create hair on a sphere in Poser, export it, and attempt to import it into Studio to position "inside" the turkey, so that the scraggley hair just showed....but it didn't work....not even with the help of Carrara. So your method might be the only way to get a fluffed up turkey :laugh:

fuzzy-ball.jpg

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hmm looks like my hair in the morning. :D well all day really. I have the fuzzies unless I use the curling iron.

skylab

Esteemed
I've read where folks are having problems getting LAMH to work in the new version of Studio....would be a shame to lose that plug-in.

Here's an attempt in Poser. The problem with Poser is it changes the way the turkey's mats show, and I have to fiddle with the settings to get anything at all in the eyes....but here's what I've got so far....haha.

FUZZY TURKEY.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Christmas Tree Faceoff! Stezza vs Orestes. Each has their unique qualities, but I think I like Stezza's a bit better for my taste as it's more to the CB cartoon flavor. Less fiddling required. The Epic tree I had hard time with the needles. Couldn't see them. Tried about 10 diff shaders before tried a fur one with low displacement. Now to find it a little blanket.
Stezza Tree vs Epic Tree.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I really have trouble finding my shaders in Studio. I miss how I had things set up in Poser. All materials had their own runtime, so finding stuff was simple. All lights were in another runtime. Now I'm back to a fishing expedition, each time I have to find something....so it's slows up my workflow...but I get there eventually.

You did a good job on those trees :)

:shineon:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I have the same trouble. I'm getting a little better finding the shaders I want.

Found a crumpled up shirt prop in a laundry set which made a good blanket. Found a snoopy obj. Not rigged but oh well, it was free.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Sky, didn't you do a "build a" set for peanuts characters like your build-a-bear, build-a-bunny, and build-a-turtle? Couldn't find them on share-cg, but maybe you didn't upload them.