• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yep, I have a feeling nice Mr. Officer is gonna be sorry that he has to tangle with Turkbo....haha. Is it my imagination, or does that render look like somebody's already thrown a rock through his back window and back side window? Haha....tough neighborhood.

:D

Linda B

Extraordinary
Didn't notice until you mentioned it, but yes it does. I have broken glass shaders which will come in handy I think!

skylab

Esteemed
Geez...I asked for it that time....haha.

I'm finally trying out all the characters that I've been setting aside for a long time, for when I learned how to use Studio. The cop in the render (previous page) was G3M....and I'm adjusting the pose to fit G8M (hopefully), so I may pass some of these poses along to you....having starter poses saves so much time.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
This is technically G8M with one of the toon characters applied, and the converted G3M cop pose applied. He's got old prop hair with surface colors. I finally figured out that all you have to do is click outside the figure to deselect it, and then it deactivates the Smart Content limits on choices....then you can use old hair, wild hair....whatever...and just parent it to the head....under Edit -> Figure -> Change Parent.

TOON DAD G8M.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Looks good. Not going shopping today...vision changed because hubby says mom and I both have too much Christmas decorations and we don't need more. He is very correct in his thinking. :rolleyes:

skylab

Esteemed
I put off my errand trip out until tomorrow...rainy here, will be a little warmer and sunny tomorrow. And, I was in a mood to piddle with 3D :)

I've zipped up the DS4 poses that I have created so far. More are on ShareCG, but most of them were conversions of biblical themed poses that were done by request. I keep that account separate from my Poser stuff, so folks wouldn't get confused. It's here: SKYLAB3D POSES FOR DS4

I keep my poses that I create in an easy-to-reach folder that is not so deep into the Studio runtime....so if this doesn't fit your workflow, you can stick them anywhere. They are zipped and attached to this thread post...just a little sample of everything so far, including a set of rough starter poses. I'll be making more as I go, as I create the scenes.

Attachments

• SKYLAB DS4 POSES.zip
    770.4 KB · Views: 0

skylab

Esteemed
Oh cool...where did you find the helicopter? We're doing air support too....haha. Are the toon turkeys using catapults, or throwing rocks....or rocket launchers? Hahaha.....we'll be doing serious urban warfare.

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
downloaded all the poserworld police/military vehicles, weapons and anything else related. Love their freebies...good quality for free.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I've been sniffing around for police-related stuff too....had a few things, but not a lot. I like to find all I can...since they will be "tools in the toolbox" later :)

I noticed there were new tanks in the Studio section of ShareCG....there are Poser versions as well. They might be useful, if textures were changed.

su-76i for d/s iray

Brummbar for d/s iray

StuG III for d/s iray

If you have any of AntFarm's old prodcuts...he had one called M180 Walker I think it was called.... sorta like Star Wars....that could do some damage....haha. That's the one I used to do Riverdance...haha:

riverdance-m180-ani-2018.gif