• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the 3DU guy with surface color changes for the boots and gloves, that makes him more "superman-ish"....I'll see if the hair tolerates being changed.

CAPT CHARISMA with surface change.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Well now, that's weird....you didn't change anything, and it messed itself up....hmmmm. Sometimes Studio can behave a little creepy like that, like it has little runtime trolls....but then, Poser was starting to do the same thing. I never thought I'd say it, but now Studio's content library is more stable than Poser's.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I've got a render going now where he's dancing a little...haha.

Sometimes it takes backing up from the problem and allowing time for either a solution to come to mind, or maybe even seeing something on a forum discussion. I know I ran into some crazy stuff when I was creating the DS4 poses for ShareCG....and back then, V4 was worse....she basically exploded when I imported a scene file of Mary in mourning. I posted the image and asked for input, and folks finally came along who knew about the issue. I was lost until I had that input. It kinda scared me away from using Studio in a serious way. I like absolutes....if you do this, then that will happen....I get uneasy when surprises like that happen...haha.

:bee:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Looks like the majority of the good guys will end up being G3M, as far as clothing and characters....and there'll be a few G8M bystanders, folks in the neighborhood....I sent you another email about the possibility of a superhero solution. These are all just ideas, possibilities. Like this possible place for chase scenes :)

View attachment 53911

That's one of the best highway models and textures that I've seen. Most don't have the lanes correct, or have yellow lines on both sides, or something wrong. This has it all, Jersey barriors, guard rails...it all seems right. Where did you get it? Please.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
I'm going to have to be frank here, because it's starting to get a little frustrating. Apparently we've turned a corner in the way links to outside stores are tolerated at HW. Now, when we're working on projects, we're just throwing hints, occasionally a name, but I cannot make a practice of calling out everything that we're working with, okay. Some of our posts have been deleted recently, so we have to respect those changes. When this thread was originally started, I asked the question, how they'd feel about commercial links, and I was told at the time just do what I'd always been doing....and so I did...but recently, since the sale of Poser, and apparently some other issues, that policy has changed. So...we don't need to create more work for those responsible for monitoring the threads. So....how do we work around this....1) if you're looking for something, just visit the stores and type in a search to find the product yourself....there are only three major stores now.....or, do like we do....learn to read the hints....I gave you one concerning your question about the police car, in that the very next render was of Genesis 3 standing beside it....think it through....Genesis 3 and a car....maybe you should visit the store where Genesis 3 is, and type "police" in the search box....same for the highway....visit the store and type "highway" in the search box. Don't keep asking me to blurt it out for you all the time. Another really obvious logical assumption....I'm in the process of learning Studio...Linda is generously helping me to do that....again, use logic....where is the first place you'd look? Followed by Rendo second. See what I mean? This isn't rocket science...and we're just trying to cooperatie with the new rules of the forum. So please....use the search on the store of each site....and then we won't have to get panicky and nervous when the subject comes up in this thread, wondering if we'll offend, or posts will get deleted again. And yes, I liked things better when it didn't have to be that way....but things have changed now, and life goes on. That's one of the reasons I've decided to learn Studio....I just want to get back to having fun and enjoy 3D again, simple as that, no other agenda...and I'm weary of being caught, at times, in the middle of Store Wars. Because of that competitve tension, I'm automatically pressured into addressing this issue if it keeps coming up...which is no fun. I hope you (and everyone) will understand. If we can all just make a few adjustments, things hopefully will settle down eventually...and life can go on for us as well, in spite of those changes.

:thankyou:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Excuse me. There are two large stores that have a lot of stuff for the Genesis folks. And there are also a lot of other places that have things for both softwares. But, I won't bother you again. Sorry.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
There's been deleting of posts this morning, so don't waste a lot of your time over it. It's like the wind....it just blows through....haha.

I'm not taking up any more time with it....I'm moving forward with some rendering this morning.

:shineon: