• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I was downloading freebies...some of them take awhile....that's my excuse....okay.... either that, or Perry Mason puts me to sleep (MeTV).
Guess which one of the seven dwarfs I'd be? Haha....

I missed these G8M and G8F in the list:

iRay Shaders in DAZ 3D

Brick for G8M

Wojtek for Genesis 8 Male

Genesis 8 Male Cargo Pants & Polo

G8M Bunny Hop haha...be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting wabbits

Unitard 4 G8M (I think this can be a solid color)

Acindina for G8F & Dress

Tiana for G8F

Braxtyn for G8F

G3F All Business

Unitard 4 G8F

Winter Dress for G8F

G8F Test Outfit

G8F Bean Bag

All the World's a Stage

:coding:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sky in your travels around the net have you ever run into anything resembling a fairy dust material for Poser?

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) Would that be like some sort of particles? I think there used to be stuff at RDNA like that...I think it was a series called Scatters....stuff like butterflies, bees, maybe fireflies....and other things. And I think I've seen particle type stuff at Rendo....and, I think it was Nerd3D that had a dust and smoke/fog product at one time. Can't recall any freebies though. After lunch I'll run a quick search just to check.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm working on a freebie

mfd.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
You could change the color of the particles to match your "dust"....instead of glitter, it could be whatever you choose. You can see in the promos how this snow globe is constructed, with the particles separate.

This is one of the animation features I wanted to see built into Poser....a particle system for snow, or rain, fog, or dust....but for now, it has to be done using products that mimic the effect.

You could try this free snow globe, to see if there's anything in it of use:

Snow Globe by teknology3d

DanaTA

Distinguished
I was hoping to find a material that does that.

If in DS, you might look into Let It Snow. Oh, maybe not...that seems to be just a shader to put on objects. Iray Blizzard may be of some use.

Closest thing I've used in the past is the Snow Tool, but I don't think that would work well for animation. It uses planes that take the snowflake, and can be on several layers to go in front of and behind figures. But I don't think it would work for animations. It's quite old, too.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Maybe one of the RDNA Scatters sets can help. If the textures could be replaced with something of your choosing or design. Just guessing here.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Well, the phone just woke me from nap number two....and I've figured out that it's evening....and I just realized that the emoticon that had one eye bigger than the other is missing...it was the only one that came close to expressing an after nap "duh"...haha.

o_O

skylab

Esteemed
To protect and serve....from lawless turkeys, roaches, or any other critters :) The car lights have an on and off feature...I'm wondering if they will work during animation :) This had been in the wishlist a loooong time.

METRO POLICE CAR.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
copcar.jpg

Was just searching for how to model dust and ran into this: Dust3D | Free 3D Modeling Software

"Dust3D is a cross-platform open-source modeling software. It helps you create a 3D watertight model in seconds. Use it to speed up your character modeling in game making, 3D printing, and so on."