• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Of course the downside to this is....I just woke up and couldn't figure out if it was morning or night, with this winter skimpy-on-daylight time :unsure:

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Downloaded Lyne's farm animal freebies. Lots of critters, loonnnngggg render time!

hey! watching Tucker Carlson on Fox News and he just mentioned the town we lived in Indiana.

skylab

Esteemed
When I first retired, I was so "attached" to my former work routine, that for at least the first six months I was still waking up in total, throwing-covers-up-in-the-air, panic....thinking I'd overslept my shift....it gradually went away, but it took a long time...

I have to make myself go out on a brief errand trip in the morning....wish I could train a drone to go to the post office for me....now that would be truly sweet :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hubby was like that too when he retired.

I had idea about the turkey story. Perhaps when it's finished, I could make it all into a graphic novel/comic. 2-panel pages and post it to my Deviant Art page with credit to you too. Thoughts?

skylab

Esteemed
I've been thinking for some time that we were probably capable of some sort of continuing story, perhaps graphic novel format....or at least a comic strip format. I guess FON TREK was the closest I ever came to doing something like that...and at the time my rendering skills were not so great, and I was working, so consistent time was an issue....so I guess it would depend upon your time, since you're the one working...and if you could put up with my weird winter hibernation habits, and tendency to be a night owl. I've never tried to harness, and discipline, my creativity....it's always been sorta like a squirrel that gets loose in the house....you chase it until you catch up with it....haha.

:laugh:

skylab

Esteemed
Well...I was noticing today that we certainly do cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time....I still have to look up the dates of when some of the renders were first created and posted...but sometimes we'd have several things with the same date....so we were moving right along...haha :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Stopped at 85% since wasn't seeing any improvement. Off to bed...meds kicked in.
The Beginning.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
My old website has all my Poser antics (where Fon Trek is located). It's so full...and a bit disorganized now....that I thought it made sense to separate the DAZ Studio work from it, and begin another, with a little better planning this time. I had NO IDEA that I'd have THAT much work to post in such a short time. One thing that I like about that web hosting is....you can have more than one website within the main account. So if you wanted to do a specific graphic novel type theme, it's possible to create a separate site for that purpose. It's possible to do blog pages also, at least it used to be....has been awhile since I worked with it. Websites were really hot back in the early 2000's, but now stuff like YouTube and social media is where outreach is these days. So I've just used websites as a place to archive and organize my work....so I've not given much thought as to how to stuff yesterday's medium into today's packaging.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh that turned out good....Lyne would probably get a kick out of that, with all her animals being used....and they rendered well....cool!

Have a good rest....night!

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
More Studio freebies. . .lots of character creation tools here....and even if some of the textures, etc. aren't your cup of tea, they can always be changed with shaders.

...for G8 Male:

G8M Dance

G8M Jeans Jacket

G8M Polo Shirt & Jeans Trousers

G8M Coat & Pant

G8M Simple Vest for Daz Studio Untextured

G8M Simple Conforming Shirt - untextured

Demarcus for G8M

Mekhil for G8M

Paul For Genesis 8M

G8M Beard Resource

Superman's Cape (G8M, dForce)

5 Couple poses for Genesis 8

COF Zero Poses for the Hivewire Family (DS Version)

COF Tutorial : Saving Poses in DS4

COF Dynamic Cloth Basics in DS4

Wilmaps on ShareCG

... Joe Quick stuff :happyflip:

Turtle Power for G3M by Joe Quick

TrtlPWR for Genesis

Improved Duck Scale Poses

A4H4 Duck Expansion

Mr. Simian for Genesis

Urban Ninja for Genesis

Other Joe Quick Stuff

...for G3 Male:

Circular Eye Morphs for G3F & G3M

Style Eyes: Stylized Irises for G3F and G3M

Steve for G3M

Tony for G3M

Scott A for G3M

David for G3M

Captain Nemo for G3M

Max for G3M

Xander for G3M

hero for G3M

Brad for G3M

Here Comes Dennis

Not a cookie cutter type for G3M

Vladimir for G3M

Kim for G3M

Donald for G3M

Barack for G3M

Nameless character for G3M

Expressions for G3M

G3M Up Close Studio Poses

Commando Sweater G3M

G3M Henley & Cargo Pants

G3M Shorts & Tanks

G3M Polo & Jeans

2-Tone for G3M

G3M Bodysuit

Genesis 3 Graduation Robes & Hoods

V neck pullover for G3M

Genesis 3 Teen Morph Max G3M

Mk85 CapForHair plus LAMH presets

Body Talk Genesis: Hand to Mouth

Body Talk for Genesis: Legs

Gymnastics & Dance poses for Genesis 2 female

Genesis Fibermesh Beard

Free Genesis Fibermesh Eyebrows

....and Props:

Toon Cigar (lit)

BONK! can

Rocket

Eight (8) Bal

Book for Daz 4

Book with turning pages for DAZ Studio

Pilgrim Hat

NFL Football Helmet

....and Carrara and Blender stuff:

Cute Bird Carrara Rig

Arm Skeleton Toon for Carrara

Reginald T. Rex - rigged Blender figure

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Linda :) Hey, wouldn't that be wonderful, to be able to rig our own stuff ! Since you recently got Carrara I'm keeping an eye out for Carrara goodies. Did you notice the Turtle for Genesis 3 and also the one for Genesis?

The Van Bundle went on you know what...ask and ye shall receive :) One of those "the more you pile in the cart, the cheaper it goes" things. I'll send you an email shortly :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Fell asleep again....unbelievable....haha....I guess it's time for food and meds...and, as it turns out, nap number two :)

:laugh: