• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

DanaTA

Distinguished
I modeled one but only for Carrara .. I guess it's of no use for anyone
a wacky ring pull can of tuna ~ with a lid pulling morph

I saw your post in the Whacky thread at DAZ. That can't ben exported for use in DS? :(

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
It can ... lol can ...

but the morph won't

a ways around it which may work is you could export the OBJ with close lid morph... then export a second one with lid pulled back morph.. and then in DS you may be able to recreate a morph but dunno.. I'm just hypothesising..

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for joining in Stezza...we always enjoy your "wacky" models :)

I'll be leaving soon to do errands, and will be back on later this evening. Have fun everybody :)

:bee:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just did a Carrara to DS transfer... needed some different work as Carrara doesn't create a morphed obj model .. hmmm

I'm not sure on the file structure ( dunno where to put the textures ) in DS

but here is the model morphed in DS

FishTinDS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Stezza....the can(s) look great :) If you need an aerial view of the DAZ 3D -> Studio -> My Library folder, here you go:

ds-file-structure.jpg

It seems that textures go in the Runtime folder, like so (which is similar to Poser, and where I stick any Poser content):

ds-file-structure2.jpg

And finally, here's a look at the Textures folder, to give you an idea of how it appears:

ds-file-structure3.jpg

Hope this helps :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Found out I had something in my you-know-where account that is called Garbage Cans that must have been a freebie at one time....it probably would be perfect for dumpster diving :)

I just woke from my afternoon nap....I always get completely zapped on errand day, and have to surrender to the bed for awhile, so I'm just now getting functional :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
I have some actual dumpsters from somewhere.

Working on the roach disco scene. Unable to get iray lights to look disco-ish. Lack of knowledge I suppose.

skylab

Esteemed
After some thought, I recalled something that happened probably over 30 years ago. Our department would get in monthly shipments of various supplies, and one of the clerks would unpack the shipments during slow hours....and one time she popped open a shipment of coffee...it came in bags instead of cans like in the grocery store, but it was Maxwell House just the same. Well, this particular time, I heard her scream, and ran over to see what on earth was the matter....and in the coffee shipment was hundreds....if not thousands....of roaches. Apparently they had hatched in the coffee. I never forgot that disgusting sight....whew! And it took a long, long time before I could enjoy a cup of coffee again....and after that, I tended to want to bring, and brew, my own. Well, all that to say....roaches just LOVE coffee....so they'd probably have it stashed away in their man cave too :)

:D

skylab

Esteemed
I had the same problem with the disco-ish lights....it either darkened everything down, and everything was way to bright....so for me, it was definitely lack of knowledge....so I pushed that project aside until I gained some more experience :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
thanks but I'm just a mug modeler ... lol
but I must admit sometimes I surprise myself and then wonder why it takes the pros 12 months or more to get something out there.. :whistling:

anyways.. never done a DS duf prop before with the file structure so dunno if it works so I have attached it to the post for anyone who can test it out to see if it actually loads up and works o_O :inverted:

Attachments

• Library_Tuna.zip
    754 KB · Views: 162

skylab

Esteemed
I'd be happy to test it for you Stezza....I'll do it right now....it would be a help to you if you could get a successful pass to Studio including the materials...then folks using Studio could easily use your models :)

I'll download the file now, and be back in a little bit with the results :)