• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Pebbles is visited by a friend...and the bully faints...Snapdragon is now Snapdra-gone :)

PEBBLES, BRACHO and SNAPDRAGONE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, it's iray. :) I'm really liking rendering in iray. Just wish animations could run faster....and maybe there's a way to do it, but have got to clear the learning curve before I'm ready for that :)

Discovered I could see the interface better if I brightened the foreground color to bright white in Window -> Style -> Customize Style

Here's a few DS freebies:

BACKGROUND BUSHES

OFFICE FURNITURE SET

ROCKING CHAIR

GAS STATION (includes small props)

MORPHING RECLINER

COOKING UTENSIL SET

CLASSIC FURNITURE SET

GLASS TEA SET

FRONT LOADER WASHER AND DRYER SET

GLASS PERFUME BOTTLES

TEAPOT AND CUP

ONE BEDROOM HOUSE

STAIRS

DOG HOUSE

CHEST OF DRAWERS

BUBBLE CHAIR SET

CORKBOARD SET

PUPPET STAGE

PICNIC BENCH

COOLER

CARTOON BOMB

:coding:

Heading for meds and a nap soon :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the link to the rock....I'm needing stuff like that....and decent simple terrains with good mats, so if you know of any made for Studio, I could use them. I'm not ready for using the complicated layered Terradome 3 just yet....just need a simple decent ground plain that I can use for a default set up for simple scenes (much like the Poser Construct dome).

skylab

Esteemed
Since you have the roaches now, I saved and zipped the biker pose, and attached it to this thread post. The bike is the Road Eagle, which used to be at Rendo, but now is at you-know-where...haha. The pose could be adjusted for most any bike, with some tweaking.

Lunch and med time :)

Attachments

• ROACH BIKER.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 114

skylab

Esteemed
Worked on beginning of setting this up while my lunch was heating. I may need to try a shader on Trekkie Grrrl's tuna can. I stopped this iray render, just needed to get an idea of what the scene would need later. Have to think about what a roach man cave would look like....haha.

Time to eat, and meds already have me nodding a little....so catch you folks later :sleep:

Playing cards with morphs

Bar Props

Tuna Can

ROACH POKER.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
This may sound strange, but for the past couple of days I've been having the SQL error message like you were experiencing Linda, and I've been using the Content Library for everyhing....and decided not to mess with it or try to fix it until I learned more about it. I just woke from my nap a little while ago, and opened Studio to play awhile, and the SQL thing fixed itself....I logged in normally, and all my Smart Content is working. Did I get visited by the SQL angel of mercy while I was sleeping? Haha..... It sure is a lot easier to find the new stuff by using Smart Content.

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
SQL fixes itself frequently apparently.

Playing with oldies and iray shaders. Also these poses were for v4 incredibly. Reposed arms on Scrappy just because it fit better.
Robot Love.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here's how the Studio interface appears, now that I brightened the text to white, and darkened the background, to create more contrast (click to view full size). The default gets difficult for me to see after awhile, so this improves things a little :)
It's under Window -> Style -> Customize Style -> All -> Background Color....and Foreground Color.

STUDIO-UI-CHANGE.jpg