• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how many of the old CP insects and crawling things would load into the latest version of Studio. Was pleased to find that the Banana Slug worked, as did the green Slug Monster that I think may have been from RDNA. Both are rendered here in 3Delight with default textures.

B-Slug default DS render.jpg

Slug Monster RDNA.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Guess who came meowing into the Studio runtime this morning . . .
Iray render first, then a dimly lit 3Delight render. I stopped the iray before it was completed, to shorten the render time. The eyes rendered fine in Studio without mat changes.

POSER HOUSECAT IRAY.jpg

POSER HOUSECAT 3DELIGHT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Brief iray of the Poser pets, who have moved into the Studio runtime. I may create Studio versions of the Poser Legacy pet poses, easily converted from the originals.

POSER PETS IRAY.jpg

DS LEGACY.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
I find that some things render fine in Iray and others don't. Not sure if it's the texture itself or specular settings.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) I noticed that the Poser 8 Doberman had a "glossy" appearance in iray, and I just touched up the few places that had that appearance....but I figured I'll have to experiment to find out what will work, and what won't. For now I'll be trying some of the Poser insects for use in the bug scenes, and then may take some of them out later. I do want to try some favorites...Sassafras, Garfield, the Nursoda gang...so it will take awhile to build the content library. Most other stuff I'll just access through the Poser runtimes. The more I mess with it, the more I'm relaxing and losing the clumsy approach to the interface :) That's part of the familiarity with Poser, the ease of moving stuff around in the runtimes....so I figure the only way I'll learn that in Studio is to just keep trying stuff.

I got the File Exporter installed this morning, so that I can easily do pose conversions.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Sometimes I'm surprised to see what I've been up to :)

Here's Garfield in a brief iray....which was surprising, how all his colors were enhanced. If I had some suction cups for the paws, I could stick him on a car window....haha :)

GARFIELD IRAY.jpg

GARFIELD IRAY BACK.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
DAZ Studio poses for the Poser cat, attached to this thread post :)

Time now for a nap :sleep:

:coding:

Attachments

• DS4 POSER CAT.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 168

skylab

Esteemed
Oh that's great.....for Studio also I hope :) And I've got some render rewards just waiting . . .

Here's my pose collection for Sassafras, converted to Studio, attached to this thread post :)

124102.jpg

Attachments

• DS4 SASSAFRAS.zip
    79.3 KB · Views: 157

skylab

Esteemed
You're welcome :) Thought I remembered your saying that you were able to recover Sassafras from your drive, so this batch of poses may be helpful as starter poses at least. I wasn't sure if the images would cause the zip to be too large, so here they are below. The fishing poses were done with Gilbert the Goldfish, also from RDNA at the time...and were sort of inspired by a Sylvester the cat cartoon :) The only changes I made were in the tail on the stalking poses, I relaxed the side-to-side setting a little on those two....that type of setting is sometimes necessary for sitting poses, but not for walking or stalking.

Headed back to bed for a little while longer, since I"ll probably be up tonight...it's supposed to get very cold tonight, and I like to mess around with chores and do things like run the dryer to help with the heat...while running the heater in Jo's tank, so he'll stay warm. I don't trust just leaving it to run on its own....I like to take care of that myself...so I sleep during the day a lot during the winter months :) Better internet connection and TV shows at night too :) So, catch you later . . .

124102.jpg

124093.jpg

124360.jpg

124363.jpg

124180.jpg

124182.jpg

124183.jpg

124181.jpg

124138.jpg

124140.jpg