• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
In this case, it's 3delight, because of using older content that doesn't have iray mats....also, it's quicker for playing around type of renders :)

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
TurkeySanta.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hahaha....how in the world did you get a Santa suit on that turkey! Would that be a velvet shader perhaps?
Now that's the freedom of creativity I need to see...coloring outside the lines...outside the box....outside the barnyard even :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Yes, the body is a velvet shader and I just scaled the heck out of the belt, collar, beard and cap to make them fit.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I remember Beanie and Cecil...vaguely. The beanie had a propeller on top, right? And Cecil was some kind of worm, snake, caterpillar?

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh...Cecil was supposed to be a sea serpent. Hmmm...like I said, only vaguely remember it. Not the cartoon, the puppet show. The puppet show was called Time for Beany. Had to look it up.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Fell asleep on another render....had a question about it....I seem to be having problems getting control of the feet, even if IK is off, and even if I'm not using aniBlocks....the toes still tend to want to pop up off the floor, see below. Any solutions?

turkey flapping wings.gif

skylab

Esteemed
For those who purchased La Femme 1.1, before the release of Poser 11.2, there's an update in your Rendo account. Any time you see La Femme listed in the new releases, it's a pretty good indicator that there's been an update....in this case, it's dated 11-9-2019.

Have a good evening everyone . . .

:sleep:

Linda B

Extraordinary
more coffee! :coffee:

It snowed! I'm cold, frozen: 1 long sleeve t-shirt, 2 hoodies, sweat pants, socks, slippers, and my 2 layer sheepskin blanket...and I'm still cold. And, yes heat is on.

skylab

Esteemed
I do the same thing Linda....if the air is damp, I often spend the whole day under several blankets. At night, or very early morning, the furnace tends to run more, and that's when I crawl out for awhile.