• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
That's how I do animations in Poser with mismatched stuff....I parent hair or hats to the head...I just can't conform it, or I think it's called "Fit to..." in Studio. Has to be parented though in order to move when the head moves....in this case, the neck action...haha.

So you're saying that something made for G3 or G8, or even G2 can be placed on another characters head?

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
The V4 option would also work in Poser, in case I got in a jam with the animation....but I really wanted to learn to do this in Studio.

Terre

Renowned
There should be a way to get that stuff to work so you can do animations in Studio as well. Most things that one program can do the other can as well. Perhaps differently or not as easily but the developers of both have been trying to expand their capabilities from what I've seen.

skylab

Esteemed
When I first started doing animations in Studio, it was just using the figure alone...no clothing, hats or hair....all that came later when I started using Poser....so I'm in new territory now :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
sky, if you have it, the old v4 digital curls works good for turkey hair.

Oh for animations, hair is a different story. Pooh. I think you CAN 'parent', just not 'fit to'.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do with projects now...is learn how to do all the tricks in Studio that it took me years to learn in Poser. Animation capability will be a biggie with me. I'll still attempt renders of this...but just in case I want to go in the direction of animation, I wanted to ask the questions early :)

skylab

Esteemed
It's parented (right click on hair, and select "change parent"), and the hair moves with the head :) You know what this means...hehe. Studio will become my new place to play :)

TURKEY-SWAM-HAIR.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I fell asleep on my test render...obviously the black background has to change...but the hair stayed on :) It will probably take me several days to catch up with you...between the renders and animations :)

3DU TOON TURKEY HEAD STAND.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Found this quote from the other forum, about background color settings:

Window>Style>Customise gives a set of colours, including the (now non-rendering) viewport colour.
Window>Panes (Tabs)>Environment is for setting the (rendering) background colour/image.
The Viewport is persistent between sessions, the Environment resets to off until you set it or load a saved scene.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Axe man is fakin', and everybody's bakin'
But we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ha, ha, ha, ha....stayin' alive...stayin' alive...

3DU TOON TURKEY DANCE 6_gif.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....Miss Turkey Thang was struttin' her stuff :)

I've been trying to get the Blue Thunder Motorcycle into Studio, but not having any luck. It's Poser CR2 only....I've tried exporting it as an .obj, but so far it's not showing in Studio. It was perfect as far as design...here's a quick render in Poser:

Blue Thunder Bike.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Since I've been playing and doing test renders most of the evening/early morning, I'd best get some rest now. I"ll catch up with you all later :)

:sleep: