• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

DanaTA

Distinguished
If you are trying to load the motorcycle into the normal DAZ library, that may not work. I've found that older things, even if the DIM installs them, don't work in the new library structure. Install it into a normal Poser runtime and add that runtime to your Libraries. You should be able to use it then. I had the same problems with the older dinosaurs. Even though they were bought at DAZ and installed through the DIM, they wouldn't show up in the library. Only parts of their data showed up in the normal content manager. But when I installed one of them in a separate runtime and added that runtime, I could find it in the Poser formats and load it and render it. A bit annoying. But it worked.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Freebies:

Simple, morphable shopping bag for Daz3D by tangospet

Domino for Studio

Alloy Wheel by Maxidyne

Ring Box for DS by zombietaggerung

Everyday Outfit Genesis 8 by teknology3d

Cake Slice by teknology3d

Colonial Viper MK II for DAZ Studio by VanishingPoint

Police Gloves for Genesis 8 by zoro_d

ropeway for ds by aemi1970

Complete Game of Chess by SmidA

Underwater HDRI by Namtar3D

Freebie Vase for Daz Studio by Cherubit

DAZ Horse 2 Rearing Poses by Don

Blue Thunder for DAZ Studio by VanishingPoint

LT Blade Outfit by UltimateClash

Pillow by kratzdistel

Small Pet Carrier for DAZ Studio by davren56

Chisel 3D Font for Daz Studio by Winterbrose

Tuffy 3D Font for Daz Studio by Winterbrose

Office Table by petege

Windmill for dazstudio Iray by kalhh

Fountain for Dazstudio Iray by kalhh

Passage with columns for Daz Iray by kalhh

Medieval Jail by Fhavier

Studio Apartment by zombietaggerung

RW Street Lamp by Renderwelten

Alfie Morph for G8M by Cybrea

Rolling Carpet (DAZ format) by Allstereo

Barrel for Daz Iray by kalhh

wall for daz 3d Iray by kalhh

Deformable Arrow (Daz format) by Allstereo

Portable Water Dispenser for DAZ Studio 4 by dmorse12

Background Curtains by ArtTailor

The Beginner's Guide to Surfaces and Colors for Daz Studio 4 by Winterbrose

The Beginner's Guide to Lighting and Renders for DAZ Studio by Winterbrose

The Beginner's Guide to Environments for Daz Studio 4 by Winterbrose

The Beginner's Guide to Posing Models in Daz Studio 4 by Winterbrose

The Beginner's Guide to Animating Models in Daz Studio 4 by Winterbrose

The Beginner's Guide to Starter Essentials for Daz Studio 4 by Winterbrose

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Didn't have a fatter toon Santa. :D
My Month.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Sorry...I was working on this render....trying to play it straight for this one....and learn how to load multiple parts of stuff into one scene....it's giving me a workout...haha. Lighting is a little too bright...but here's how it's going so far. 3DU Toon Chickens, the Afro Turkey, the Chicken Coop, and various background, ground, and trees.

I have learned that a lot of what I use in the way of tools can be found under Edit -> Figure....it addresses IK, parenting, and move to floor (what Poser calls Drop to Floor).

TURKEY, CHICKENS, and COOP.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
I have trouble with lights either too dark or too bright until I keep fiddling with them tediously.

Looks good so far!

Terre

Renowned
Coming along nicely I think. :)
That's what I meant about the programs though. Much of what you are used to in one can be done in the other. It's a matter of learning what it's called and how it's used.

skylab

Esteemed
About the lighting....I'm accustomed to a slider called Intensity in Poser, which brightens or backs off the brighteness. In Studio, I see something called Intensity Scale, but it seems to, at least in the above seen, to do an overkill even with the slightest adjustment....so am I missing something?

:bee: