• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
...and a quick iray render, halted before it was complete, to save time:

STEZZA TUNA.jpg

I'm not seeing any morph controls though for the lid, but the lid can be selected separately from the bottom container.

:bee:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
so far so good .. lol

my son has just turned up for a visit .. so I'll be gone now for a while ... keep testing :blossom: :happydance::applause:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda....you did a good job for sleepy....I imagine that you're tired after a week of work....that's the way I was earlier today....I was like a balloon that had lost all the air, completely deflated....haha. When I get like that, getting rest is the only solution, since I'm not much good without it :) But thankfully, I spring back to life again.

Looks like Stezza got the tuna can down to perfection....and this also means that he's mapped a path from Carrara to Studio, preserving all the materials and morphs. I don't know if this also applies to rigging, or if Carrara and Studio recognize each other's format....we'll see if that's possible....this is exciting :)

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :) THat would be great for many people if other things can be easily transferred from one to the other.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yeah, a good, clear, simple example of how to transfer content from here to there :) Working on a funny render using the morphing tuna can, iray is rendering now.

DanaTA

Distinguished
thanks but I'm just a mug modeler ... lol
but I must admit sometimes I surprise myself and then wonder why it takes the pros 12 months or more to get something out there.. :whistling:

anyways.. never done a DS duf prop before with the file structure so dunno if it works so I have attached it to the post for anyone who can test it out to see if it actually loads up and works o_O :inverted:

:applause:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's another view of Stretch, immersed in his seafood dinner :) The thought occurred to me, is it possible to have the "tuna" part also have a morph option, to become something like the materials of, for example, a whirlpool bath, or jakuzzi? Just wondering if something like that can be done (?)....then the roaches could keep the empty can for furniture :)

The only thing that I could thing of for a "whirlpool" motor would be something like a discarded battery-powered toothbrush....or something else very small, to agitate the water....haha :) There wouldn't be such a thing in the real world as a miniature outboard boat motor, but perhaps a discarded battery toy of some kind (?)

STEZZA TUNA CAN with ROACH ver2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Working with the tuna can caused me to remember Goldfish and Props that I'd gotten some time back, but my old hard drive was not up to iray rendering, so it seemed that it, and even using Studio at all, would be beyond my reach. Now my newer drive can at least handle still renders....it's just iray animations that are overwhelming if the frame count is beyond 5o or 60. I can only imagine what we could create together if I had the juice to run the animations...sigh :/ Anyway, here's an unfinished iray render of Goldfish and Props...the fish are fully rigged.

GOLDFISH and PROPS.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
If the tuna meat is a separate material, just hide it in the scene tab. Your fish tank reminds me of my goldfish...Big Al, Peppy and Hugh. Also had guppies and other assorted.

Stezza, you are awesome! Can't wait to play around with the can when I get back from taking mom to the store.

skylab

Esteemed
So you're doing store errands today....yesterday was my turn at it.

I'll try playing around with the tuna mats :)

Playing with fire again in iray :)

COZY ROOM with FIREPLACE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the tip, Linda. I found the textures option in the Surfaces tab, and replaced the fish mat with the water mat from AntFarm's base camp, and I created a grayscale negative of the water to use as a replacement for the fish bump. So here we have a Roach hot tub....haha :) There's lots of ways to probably do this...maybe even with shaders. This is a halted iray example, so it will have a few specks.

STEZZA CAN with ROACH in TUB ver3.jpg

Beside Base Color is the tiny image for the texture, click to replace:

STEZZA-TUNA-mat1.jpg

Then scroll down to locate Base Bump, and replace that image also:

STEZZA-TUNA-mat2.jpg

Last edited: