• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Cool...haha :) I was so glad to figure out the path to changing textures....it's like what I was accustomed to in the Poser material room...yay!

There's a nice looking freebie that's new on Rendo....if you have dwarf creator...and would fit well in the Nursoda village:

Lovely Dwarf by Leilana

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I haven't figured out the emissive shaders yet.

Straight "out the box" tin can and roach textures except for the bubbles. Iray lighting. Made a displacement map for the bubble textures using a free program I found online with no need to install the program Makes normal maps, a/o and spec maps too. NormalMap-Online

BubbleBath.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's in the shaders. Do a search for "uber" when uber shader comes up apply that to your material in the surfaces thingie. Emissive will be there.

skylab

Esteemed
Love the bubble bath...haha! Stezza will surely be surprised at what we've done to his tuna can :)

I'll see what I can figure out about the emissiive lighting. That would be like for lamps, and glowing things....like the Christmas light set that you were doing? Does that also apply to the glow from fire, or is that a layered effect somehow?

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Well, my meds are kicking in so I'll have to retreat to go rest awhile....I'll be back online later. Have fun rubba dubbin' in the tub....haha.

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Just had to try a quick test of ShaderMap...if I could figure it out in 10 minutes, knowing nothing about what I was doing, it's a good sign :) Here's the ocean texture after ShaderMap did its thing :)

Now that I've had a chance to try it, I can probably fall asleep, without dreaming how to work through the issue of textures. See you all later on :sleep:

ShaderMap-sample.jpg

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It's in the shaders. Do a search for "uber" when uber shader comes up apply that to your material in the surfaces thingie. Emissive will be there.

Rememeber in DS when you aply a shader or a shader preset you need to select the item in the scene tab and the surface in the surfaces tab, the surface selection tool is very handy for this.
For emissives to work the emissive colour has to be anything but black, the Luminance slider controls the brightness, the Luminance units alters how the strength of the light works.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
wow.... talk about wacky
heart

great to see it works and being used in different wacky ways ~ I love it

for something that took literally an hour or so to model yet get some muses rocking is pretty cool

still laughing at the bubble bath :inverted: :laugh: :flower04: