• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
More Studio freebies :)

Ivy's poses & aniblocks for 3DU Parrot

Garbage Bins

Dante DMC5 Free Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Male

Dante DMC5 Free Stubble for Genesis 8 Male

Basketball rack

Body Talk for Loretta Lorez

G8M Dance

R2 Astromech Droids (for DAZ Studio)

Elvis Presley for Genesis 8 Male

Christopher Reeve for Genesis 8 Male

Wagasani's Mirror Shader

Posable Tool Box

Fire Hydrant

Mechanics Engine Hoist

Simple Wall Clock

Tipjar for Daz Studio

Banana (the fruit)

3DU Toon Scientist poses

Jinkies! Van for DS

The Step

BigLight Flashlight

Glass Tea Set

Camping cooler

Student Art Horse

Men's Stick Deodorant Prop for DAZ Studio

The Captain's Tools

Vinyl Lp cover and disc

Swedish shelving unit

Rock Hammer

Votive Candleholder and Candle

Civilized Blade

Lunchbox

Ghastly's Retro Flying Saucer

Pirate Outfit for G3M

Caricature Heads for Genesis 3 Male (Set #1)

Body Morphs for Genesis 3 Male

Tower for Genesis 3 Male

Megaton for Genesis 3 Male

AfroHead G3M 1

Phone

Trek TWOK Excursion Coat - Genesis 2 Male

TOS Hanger Bay

single dumbell

Light Pole (DS Iray)

Guitar model for Daz3d - updated

Retro Couch model and G3F Pose

Construction Site (Heavy wheel barrel addon)

G2M Conversation poses

A calm water terrain

Aluminum boat

Music Stand

Construction Site (Table saw addon)

Terrain (All Grass)

Construction Site

One big beach prop

Rocky,cave,trails terrain

ZDG OptoDistort Chair

Thimble

Canoe

Hills are alive with music

Water Terrain Redone

Terrain Eroded

Terrain With Hills

Terrain

Mountains and water

Chocolate Cups

:bee:

Ivy's demo of the 3DU Toon Roach:

Ivy's animation of the Goldfish Props tank:

Studio Fluid Simulation Demo

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Linda :) Hahaha..... The Roach Hopper animation is re-rendering now, while I am having breakfast. I tried adding even more movement details....couldn't help but laugh while creating it....haha.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
I'm slowly remembering how to handle animations in Studio.....I find that I like working with just the simple timeline if I'm creating my own from skratch. Animate2 is more for preset aniBlocks. Also, I can do iray rendered animations if I stick to a solid background....if I populate the scene heavily, it takes forever to render.

skylab

Esteemed
That scene had a lot of details in it, so I can see the long rendering time. It was worth it though...it was really well done :)

Well, here's the final version of the Roach Hopper....enjoy the chuckle :) His wings flap with the up and down motion, as well as his feelers. His mouth comes together on each downswing....as does his eyes, and they widen the higher he goes. The legs move up on the upswing, and down on the downswing. The basic animation was three bounces done every 10th frame for 30 frames, with the roach parented to the ball. The ball is "squished" on the yScale on each of the three downswing bounces, and quickly returned to 100% once the ball begins the upswing trip. The ball also does a slight xRotation on the last bounce, and then returns to 100%, to make it more interesting. Once that basic animation is accomplished, the rest of the movements can just be added randomly, just making sure that everything returns to the same settings on the last frame as they were on the first frame, so that the loop is smooth, without burps or hiccups :) One of these days I'll learn how to fasten the hands to an object during the animation....for now I have to settle for randomly, briefly, and desperately, grabbing the object...haha.

ROACH HOPPER ani 480x540.gif

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....I was wondering if that could be done....and here you've done it very well....haha :) And you still might figure out how to get a light-emissive, red-nosed turkey before the end of November :D You go girl!

:laugh:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hahhaa never thought of a red-nosed turkey...or in this case red-beaked.

Oh, I discovered that the toon roaches will take G8 poses. Go figure.

skylab

Esteemed
I've been inspecting the turkey's beak as we speak...but I don't get it how to change it to emissive....haha....you've got me this time :)

I was wondering today if the roaches would take a standard, biped pose....but there are a lot of parts to the abdomen and neck, and didn't know if things would work. I did try to import the Mr Bean face for Doc Pitterbill, and it would show okay if I imported it from the Poser doc, but when I saved it as a Studio version, all I could get was the default Pitterbill, turning a cartwheel. Sounds odd I know....but it did it three times....so I put that away until I had a little more experience, but eventually I want to do character faces for Studio as well. I've at least got my most used Nursoda characters loaded now into the Studio runtime. Haven't done clothing yet.

Linda B

Extraordinary
You do know you can leave stuff in your Poser runtime and still use it in Studio? That way you don't have to duplicate things. It's under Preferences, but I forget which tab. I know it's at the bottom of a tab, and then it will show you all your runtimes that are linked. You can then add in your poser runtime.

I have render going and then I'll screenshot it for you if needed.

skylab

Esteemed
Wasn't sure if you used G8 stuff....I do a little, building characters for future biblical themes....with Ravi and beards, stuff like that....and I collect G8 male clothing. I'd probably like to try doing a Spock character too eventually. One great source is Wilmaps outfits.

I realized after I was in the middle of doing the Hopper Roach that Ptrope created the hopper....haha....same one that did all the great Trek themed models :) Apparently somebody created a "space hopper". I don't think anybody has created a "coffee bean" hopper yet....haha.

Some more Studio free stuff:

G8M Simple Conforming Shirt - untextured

Leather Jacket and Pants for G8F

Leather Boots for G8F

Delsin Beanie and Hair for G8M

FaceShifter For Genesis 8 Male

FaceShifter For Genesis 8 Female

Elf Ears for G8F & G8M

Daz Dog 8 aniblocks

Millennium Dog aniblocks

G2F wimming aniblocks

V4 swimming aniblocks

Converted aniBlocks

Sword Fight AniBlocks for Genesis

Chair rigged for aniblocks and poses

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for that tip! And I may try it eventually. My biggest concern was that my Poser runtimes are quite extensive, and I wondered if it would affect iray performance....so for learning purposes, I'm just loading up certain things to try with testing materials, shaders and such, and plenty of bug related stuff for scene building while I'm learning.....but yeah, I've pulled things from the Poser runtime before. That's how I was doing the Doc Pitterbill face...but I was trying to create a DS pose of the Bean face....and eventually I'll get it :)

You can create your own poses by selecting the figure, and doing File -> Save As -> Pose Preset -> select a destination folder and name the pose -> and select Save -> and if doing a regular pose, select Current Frame Only (Animated Range is for saving animations) -> then choose Select.
Your new pose will now show in the folder that you created in the Content Library.

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....I was thinking that today....if Jim were here, he would have created a Roachette by now :) It might be possible that Janet would know how to do that, just a simple gender-bending morph. I guess you could accomplish the same thing by parenting hair to the head (it's funny just thinking about it....and I know you'll do it, even as I'm typing this....haha).