• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
The roofer who has won the Clovis paper's annual vote for "Best of" the most times is supposed to be here late this morning to look at the roof and give me estimates.

Terre

Renowned
Good news. We will be getting a koko brown metal roof in around three or four weeks. All of the roofers in the area are quite busy and there isn't enough damage to warrant moving our job up in the job que. The upgrade will be less expensive than we thought it might be.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually Sky, we had some yesterday, but it was a light dusting, and today the sun's out bright, so there's hardly anything noticeable left.

Come Friday and Saturday, however, we are due for more, so should be interesting to see just how much we actually get. If it's another "dusting", I won't mind too much.

skylab

Esteemed
I noticed a recent question about the whereabouts of Sassafras...and this was the only link that seemed to be available. It's a shame the character can't be found at RDNA any more.

SASSAFRAS HOODIE.jpg

sass.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
We did too Miss B...about an inch or so, so that's why I'm thinking we should be watching out for the real deal to hit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Trust me Sky, I'm not looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting those renders of Sassafras. I remember him, but don't think I ever got him. I always pictured him dressed as one of the 3 Musketeers. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Again, me too...most of the time I try to only go out when I can go with family, especially this time of year, otherwise I'm sorta "shut in for the winter", and try to make the best of it. Snow can really complicate things. I can get on the phone with former co-workers and we enjoy the fact that we're not out there shoveling to get to work any more....and I can do pose work while we chat. Still, I can't help but feel sorry for those who have to be out in it. I was shocked to see the story on the weather channel about the man who was warming up his car, and went back inside the house because of the cold temps and snow, and someone stole his car while it was heating up...he looked outside just in time to see it driving away. :(

Terre

Renowned
The last I heard was that creator is thinking of putting him up on her own website. She told a person that was asking about Sass that she hadn't known he wasn't up at RDNA anymore.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh well, that's goood, at least the character will be available again....entirely too cute to retire it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm glad you're recovering from the storm damage. Looks like the east coast is getting its turn at snow next weekend, according to this article in AOL news.

Actually, I'm on the east coast - we had snow come down yesterday, and had a little bit more today. To my standards - bear in mind I am used to west coast mountain winters - what we get in this area is basically a dusting for the most part. Every so often we'll get a good, solid snow storm, but they're rare. This area is usually too cold for the snow come winter time.

LOL - I just love the Garfield picture. Got his attitude down perfectly! :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yeah, it's been many years since we've had a good 2 foot snowfall. Not that I'm looking for one this year mind you, I'm just sayin'.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah, it's been many years since we've had a good 2 foot snowfall. Not that I'm looking for one this year mind you, I'm just sayin'.

Two foot is beans for me. :) I spent too much time in the Buffalo/Syracuse/Oswego areas, then Catskills, then Adirondacks, and then too much time in upper WA state as well, for me to see two foot of snow as a hefty snow! I know for NYC that it can be too much to maintain for them, but my area here, it's minor stuff at that level.

We mostly get the cold fronts in from Canada during the winter here. It's very common for our winter days to be -20's, sometimes with and sometimes without windchill. (Fahrenheit) We can go as high as the mid 30's during the hard winter period, but usually we are down in the low 20's all the way down to the negatives. We have had schools in past years, close for a day or two during the winter, not because of snow, but because the temperatures were so sub-zero that their diesel fuel all turned to gel and the buses would not start. LOL