• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I'd never go outside if it was -20 degrees o_O !! I'd have to come crawling out at spring . . .

Hi Pen...yeah, was trying for Grumpy Cat with Tiny's Fluffy, just to see if the Mil Cat would do it...it was sorta close...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks guys... :)

The forecast for the east coast looks like we're gonna get dumped on . . .so rush hour Friday night may not be pleasant for those trying to get home from work. I went to the grocery store today, and it was like rush hour there....and nearly froze in the check out line, as so many people were coming into the store that the door stayed open more than shut.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow that sounds horrible...so glad we don't have winters like that here in Queensland!

skylab

Esteemed
It's not really my cup of tea either...but at least now, being retired, I can enjoy the beauty of it without having to dig my car out. Still, I certainly feel for those who are still having to do that.

Terre

Renowned
Although we get freezing temps every winter (usually down to 0F or a bit lower once or twice) it usually snows and ices up only several times so a lot of people don't know how to drive in it. Heavy snows like with Goliath tend to happen only twice or so a season.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had our first "dusting" the other day, but we're due to get heavier snows Friday and Saturday, so it should be interesting. Thank goodness I can get to the supermarket on foot, since it's only 1 block away. Everything else can wait until it clears up.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm with Sanbie on this one...thank god we don't get snow here in Melbourne! We do get cold weather during winter but nothing like the temperatures you get. I hope everyone stays safe...

skylab

Esteemed
My efforts to bring a little spring in the house during the winter...just re-potted my plants...Dieffenbachia, Golden Pothos , and a Norfolk Island Pine :)

PLANTS - 2016.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice Sky. My mom had a large hanging Pothos plant that always did well. I also like the Dieffenbachia plants as well.

I used to have a couple of hanging plants when I lived on the other side of my building, because I had the sun in most of the day. Now I only see it late in the afternoon, so don't have any.

skylab

Esteemed
Terre, that's the truth, the extreme snows don't happen often enough for people to really learn how to drive in it, especially young people who haven't been driving long enough to have the experience. You pretty much know if an SUV or sports car flies past you doing 50 or 60 on ice, you will see them later in a ditch.

skylab

Esteemed
I get sun nearly all day in my kitchen window, so it makes a nice place for the plants to thrive. I used to be the keeper of the plants in our office at work...nearly everyone had a pothos vine, and one of the doctors brought us his Dieffenbachia that had died when his secretary forgot to water it, and with much care and attention it did come back and was eventually quite a conversation piece, growing to nearly 4 feet.

OFFICE PLANT - 1990.jpg

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hiya :)

i have to do sport now..haha started this month...every second day for 1 hour .

Because of health Problems , im over 50 and i have pain all over the Body and absolute no energy since a few years.
Wasn´t doing any of my favourite outdoor activities since that and that was not doing anything better.
Hope this will help me.

I´m doing a mix of cardio, pilates and relaxing...don´t know the word in english.
Thats hard , because of my back(Skoliose) im not able to do any pose like they should be*g*

Haha..anyone want to do some Sport with me now ?

Beside that .. i wish everyone a wonderful and healthy 2016 !!

Love those plants Skylab.
I have a lot Dieffenbachia

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Karth! So good to see you. I'm sorry you've had health challenges in recent years...I'm right with you there girl, seems like every year something either plays out, falls off, sags, or half way works. But I'm still here :) I do understand back problems...I was born with spina bifida occulta, a mild case where not all the vertebrae were formed completely and consequently as I reached my teens, that thing started acting up because of inadequate mechanical support. You might say my "poses" were quite limited too :). If I turned the wrong way, I'd end up in the bed for two weeks, so I understand the agony of back problems. You hang in there, and so glad you stopped by :)

Terre

Renowned
My sympathies guys. I hope all goes well. Karth. I've got mild scoliosis myself.
I also have a spina bifida but it's milder than Sky's. I basically have some missing nerves in the abdomen and Jim is concerned about me developing spinal problems as I age. One thing I do know is that I can never have an MRI. I had spinal fusion surgery as a two year old and have been told that means I have little piece of stainless steel in my spinal column.

skylab

Esteemed
That's true...any metal near the MRI magnet would be real trouble. All my relatives on the Dutch side of the family were short....short legs especially, with a variety of back issues, so it was inherited. It wasn't as bad as a bunch of vertically challenged munchkins...haha....but my 5 ft tall grandfather did build a special kitchen in his house where all of the countertops were lower than usual, the sink was lower, and the overhead cabinets were low enough that he could reach. I like to think that we were a family of Hein characters....haha :) My office chair at work used to be 12 inches from the floor...so anyone else who tried to sit in it usually got a big surprise :) Being a little person has advantages...you can sleep almost anywhere, and you can walk under things without hitting your head. The biggest disadvantages are big furniture, church pews, and tall cabinets and shelves.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The biggest disadvantages are big furniture, church pews, and tall cabinets and shelves.

...and gas pedals in automobiles... ditto goes for pedal breaks and clutches in them, too!

His kitchen is making me jealous. LOL. I'm only 5' tall myself, and my whole kitchen was redesigned by the previous owner - a woman who was 6'2" tall......

skylab

Esteemed
Oh no...the very opposite of what you need...oh geez...haha. I used to be 4'10" and something, before age settled me down a little. I've been told that dynamite comes in small packages...haha.