• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yes indeed, the older interface gives whole new meaning to the term "squinting"...it becomes a permanent mannerism after awhile, even with glasses. So I really appreciated the new "senior" feature.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I never noticed that availability Sky, so that's good to know.

I've been complaining to the powers that be at DAZ to change it, or allow us to change it, in Carrara for a long time. Not only is the text in the menus tiny, it's squished together with no leading above each menu item. Those menus used to give me a headache, where the text in the menus of Bryce, DS, Poser and other apps never bothered me anywhere near as much.

skylab

Esteemed
I think the visual struggles have been the greatest obstacle in 3D for me, as often a program's advanced features are in difficult to read layout. And yes, it would be nice if Carrara would make that change, as it's a program I rely on heavily for model modification and conversion.

Another tip for those who might be experiencing difficultly importing OBJ files into Poser Pro 11...I've been doing OBJ imports into Poser Pro 2o14, saving the OBJ as a Poser scene file, then importing that scene file into my main Poser 11 project scene. It maintains materials and is a fast work around for work flow.

And finally, a tip for using older models, like Apollo. If attempting to conform his clothing in Poser 11, the right shoulder area gets distorted. The fix I've been using is to load Apollo in Poser Pro 2010 (or Poser 8 would probably work), conform his clothing there, save the scene file, then re-open the scene in Poser Pro 11 and proceed with the pose work. It took some trial and error, working through these fixes, so thought I'd share them here.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Sanbie....yep, if we're willing to keep at it, we do learn something new every day :)

Hey, do you guys have any plans of doing clothing for P11 Paul, or RDNA Steve? Just wondering. . .

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Hi Sanbie....yep, if we're willing to keep at it, we do learn something new every day :)

Hey, do you guys have any plans of doing clothing for P11 Paul, or RDNA Steve? Just wondering. . .
I am busy at the moment trying to get this new outfit done...but I am sure I will somewhere down the track lol

skylab

Esteemed
Great...just as long as something could be in the plans. :)

I've discovered, through numerous pose projects, that Paul is much lighter on system resources than M4, and is worthy of some attention. His most obvious shortcoming is his hands, not as detailed and realistic as I like in a model, but I guess that's part of his ease of use in terms of not being a heavy weight. I'm hoping that Crossdresser 4 will come through with a license for him, and RDNA Steve is worth some attention too because of his numerous built in facial controls. His weak area is the same as many male models designed to cater to body builder fans...that is, a little thick in the chest and upper arms, which can make posing a little awkward, and fitting clothes a challenge. I do especially like the fact that neither Paul nor Steve have an effeminate face, which makes for a lot less effort to achieve a masculine character. So, I do hope that folks will consider some support for these figures.

Terre

Renowned
Just got another step forward. The lady called back with the new claim number and I passed it on to the adjuster who was here several days ago to look at the roof. :)

skylab

Esteemed
This is a free model that started out years ago to be distributed just as an OBJ file, but is now a fully rigged Dodge Challenger, including moving suspension, wheels, steering, trunk, hood and doors. Sweeeet :)

MUSCLE CAR

It's pictured here with Schurby's car mats applied, and Poser 11 Paul.

PAUL MUSCLE CAR.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Anders Lejczak has also created a fully rigged Fiat...the police features can be turned off...here's a render of the car with Schurby's mats, and link to the download page.

FIAT 125p

FIAT - NEW MATS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Sanbie :) Thought I'd share that tip...models of that quality can be $20 or more, so it's always nice to find one that's free.

If anyone is into aviation, there are numerous models created by the same guy, and can be found on this page...just click on the pictures...the most recent are not in Poser format, but the majority of them are either Poser, or OBJ.

Terre

Renowned
Cool. :) Thanks for the links, Sky. Jim prefers cars with interiors and rigged is a bonus. Though he has rigged a few vehicles that he felt weren't up to his standards.

skylab

Esteemed
The Fiat is partially rigged (no suspension), but the Challenger is truly fully rigged....suspension in the wheels independently, as well as front "bounce", like coming to a screeching halt, or rapid take off where the hood "raises". Of course, I've just heard about these things....no way would I have driven my '79 Camaro that way :sneaky:

Well...when your car looks like this, what else does one do? :)

dawn-camaro.jpg

Terre

Renowned
The closest I've had was a '72 Duster I inherited from my grandmother back in '84 and a '76 Matador I bought in '87. I never was the sort to go "VROOOOOOOMMMMMM" so they were just transportation to me. LOL

skylab

Esteemed
I was definitely a VROOOOMMM--er when I was young. One time I just couldn't resist a challenge to race with someone who was a bit too proud of their Ford Mach I, and a bit too condescending toward anything Chevy...so I raced and beat them driving a 307 Nova. I was nearly airborne....haha....I had never experienced such a lift in the hood...and as you can see from this video, the speedometer would register 100, and during the race the needle had laid over and could move no further, and I was still going....haha. I never had to hear anybody talking trash about Chevy again. And, it also gave me a more than healthy respect for racing, so that I never did it again. Both of my parents had lead feet when then drove...so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now I just putter along...and I'm sure some think "old lady, get outta the way"....if only they knew what they were messin' with....haha.

...and this will make a good test of how to post from YouTube :)