• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here is a P11 superfly re-render, after using D3D chrome and porcelain superfly mats as a replacement.

Nice place for bug pool parties and water slides :)

backyard-retreat-p11-superfly-chrome-added2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Time for me to head back to my other workstation and put my feet up....I've reached a place to pause and ponder the next step...and I also need to set up the Lucas violin and drum scenes.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
For my wishlist...the last plug-in allows for text-to-speech, and even talking animals :) Will have to do a "send a sale" happy dance in advance for this one...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
More iray info, especially about handling graininess in image.

...and a basic explaination of how a light dome works, which would apply to both Studio and Poser:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
DS animation using Puppeteer, similar to framing poses like I described in Poser animation.

Parenting the camera.

skylab

Esteemed
Using the Face Transfer tool for creating custom characters :)

Creating a fly-through animation.

Making changes to character in Blender, and importing back into Studio. Also, in second video, WP Guru mentions his recovery from cancer :)

skylab

Esteemed
Lighting, fog, and render settings for the above man and monster beginner project in Blender 2.80

Quick Start guide to sculpting in Blender 2.80

skylab

Esteemed
Sculptris beginner demonstration, navigation and how to change the interface background, creating and painting a toon-style head.

FREE PIXOLOGIC SCULPTRIS (Will install on Windows 7, but program folder then has to be copied over to Windows 10 in order to function)

...another beginner Sculptris demonstration, using a background image in order to create model shape....well worth viewing :)

...painting in Sculptris, simple demonstraton, how to choose color and apply color.

skylab

Esteemed
And finally, a demonstration of mesh lighting in Studio, which is similar to what Seach does in Poser, with light emitting objects.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Looks like lots of watching tonight! Maybe I'll finally learn how to do things the right way the first time instead of stumbling around like I usually do.

I can't seem to get fully awake today. More coffee! :coffee:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, wish I could have a cup too....I miss my morning coffee.

After viewing some of the tutorials, I had to take a break and at least try the one on painting in Sculptris. I never realized that quite a lot could be done in it with color. This is certainly no masterpiece, either with sculpting or painting, but just an attempt for a few minutes to learn how to control the color choices...so I deliberately picked a difficult task to try it out...a tiger face.

This would have been a lot easier with a graphics tablet...drawing with a mouse is like drawing with a bar of soap :) Dani would probably be really good at stuff like this.

tiger--sculptris.jpg