• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) You caught us playing again :)

I'm learning as I go, how to juggle things back and forth between Studio and Poser, like we used to do years ago....and how to get around some of the trip wires :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Found the M4 to G3M Add-on Pack for Texture Transformer, while I was at it, since TT ver2 works pretty good.

Now for dinner, and then back to my bug's world :) I'll get my kitchen workstation caught up with Studio downloads while I'm at it :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Trying to figure out these clothing converters. As usual I can't find the product scripts in Studio. :tantrum:

Found a user manual! Yay!

Last edited:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Aha! The RRSY scripts do not show up in smart content. They're in the content library.

No serials as far as know.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, okay, one of those content library only things....I thought I remember seeing that it worked with smart content too....unfortunately, the smart content feature is what limits choices when moving between figures....staying in the content library may help break free from that limitation. This is new territory for me, so I'll be running behind you to catch up with the learning curve :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, downloads and copying over to thumb drive is almost complete, so time to move this show to the kitchen workstation, where I can cook dinner while loading up the backup workstation. I'll come back online when I get re-situated :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Well I converted 3 items and they aren't in the folder I told it to put them :D I am a slow learner apparently even when using a User Manual. :rolleyes:

skylab

Esteemed
Okay....I'm relocated and loading up Studio on the kitchen workstation.

In my opinion, you're a pretty fast learner....we've been breezing along at a fairly rapid pace :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
I had trouble when I first started using X-Dresser so it's no big surprise I can't get this to work right off the bat. Following the user manual, but I'm missing something somewhere. The script executes but states 0 items coverted in 0 seconds.

Odd, I had to use the force convert for it to work. Really old product so maybe that's why.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, my first attempts at both XD and Texture Transformer were a disaster, and almost discouraged me entirely for trying things like that in the future. Usually it's just one little step that gets skipped, or overlooked, or ticking a little box....some little thing....so give yourself time for a learning curve. Sometimes when I'd get stuck, I'd google or youtube search until I found a hint of an answer. Just give it time :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Found a V4 sweater that will work. Hadn't installed it yet.

Everything fit on my G8 char. I am a happy person!

skylab

Esteemed
That's what held me back from getting the M4 converter...most of the biblical robes that I'd want to salvage are dynamic, very few conforming robes for M4, so I held back on that one. I have a bunch of Poserworld stuff, but most of the robes are dynamic. I have one nice robe set for Genesis 8 male, enough for a portrait style render, but no variety for group shots....but then, large group shots were always so difficult to load. Anyway....I'll have to stick with single figure scenes or toon character animations to get started :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey, that's great...it worked :) Sure hope I can recover all the hair....I used to catch sales on hair as often as I could, so I have a nice collection of old M4 and M3 stuff.

skylab

Esteemed
Great...thanks for the YouTube...helps a lot to see it being done, and saves a lot of reading :)

Finally getting Blacksmith 3D installed...I have the older Pro version 6 from Rendo, but then moved up to Texture Transformer 2 because version 1 was a little problematic with certain things. It's kinda like XD in that you have to get data files located in the correct places, or it doesn't work right. Once you get everything set properly, it works good. Blacksmith stuff is best caught on special sales, like I got mine.

skylab

Esteemed
Just out of curiosity, I tried doing a P11 superfly of the backyard .obj model....and the only thing that seemed missing is the reflection...so I checked the material room, and was pleased to find that every mat area was preserved, so that means that superfly mats could be applied where necessary, like the chrome of the faucet :) Sure am wishing that AntFarm had created a Poser version of Lucas.

backyard-retreat-p11-superfly.jpg

screen cap cropped.jpg