• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Wow, cool harp Stezza....it's perfect :) I'll work on that this evening, the .obj conversion.

And beautiful atlas moth, another critter for the Lucas village :) The only atlas moth that I had was from CP years ago....it's at Rendo now....works okay in Poser but would not have the Iray mats so I'll see about adding that to the group. Here's a quick animation of the CP atlas moth....and a moth or butterfly would make an excellent first attempt at an animation...just a simple up and down of the wings, spaced about 10 frames apart.

ATLAS MOTH ANIMATION.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Okay....I got the HW moth and Stezza's harp, so I'll get them loaded and tested tonight. Do you remember the trampoline that I used with the Slon animation....did you ever get that...it may have been a freebie at the time, over in Stezza's neighborhood :) I thought about it today, that I might could practice a few bounces with Lucas on it :)

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
If you got the HW moth pack with the atlas moth, you also need the giant moth pack which has the actual model. Found out the hard way because I CAN"T READ! :oopsie:

No, don't think I have the trampoline.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh....I'll have to go back and figure out the moth pack thing.

Here's a superfly render of Stezza's harp....next thing is to get the .obj imported into Studio and apply the IRAY shaders there.

WOODEN HARP by STEZZA.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, got the moth thing straight :) So now I can get both the moth and the harp loaded into Studio tonight. I'm starting to look forward to playing in Studio, so I guess that's a good sign.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Caught it in the act this time....as soon as the render started, it revealed that the spider's hair was in a different location from the spider...haha.

LUCAS HAIR.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
nah.. I rather just play around in Carrara and let anyone who gets them experiment with..

but yeah you can export them to OBJ from Carrara but no guarantees they will work in Poser or DS.... but hey Carrara rocks :inverted: :flower02:

over yonder to get the wooden harp thingy
Modeled and rendered in Carrara using Carrara textures and lighting ;)

Isn't there some kind of bridge or somethign between DS and Carrara?

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Not sure how to fix it....since this is what I'm seeing in the preview...in other words, I don't see an obvious error (?)

LUCAS HAIR2.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
I dropped it down in the tree to be under itty bitty itself and everything moved together.

I think that happened to me with the odd color when I applied hair texture to the figure. Only apply to the hair.

Oooh look at the time! Have to get up early for work so it's bedtime. Night all! :sleep: