• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Experimented with importing everything into Poser...had to get creative with wood and furify textures....the Kalimba is really cool Stezza....really great job :)

LUCAS and KALIMBA TEXTURED.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
sky, sent you an email but I see you can disregard it. :applause: Dani may be glad to see it does work in Poser. I couldn't figure it out.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how you go the Kalimba to import into Studio....I can't get it in there with a sledge hammer....haha. I've tried conversion in Hexagon, Carrara and now I'm going to try reversing it back from Poser.

To get Lucas into Poser, I just chose a pose for Lucas that would work....that is, the default....selected both the hair and the body, then did an export from DAZ, always choosing COLLECT MAPS (see below) in hopes that the textures will follow. In the case of this spider, it didn't....but with most props, it does work beautifully. That's all there is to it....then just import the .obj into Poser, and scale as needed. Too bad the rigging doesn't remain....that's why it's most useful for props. Anyway, hope this helps :)

EXPORT FROM DS.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Oh I exported the kalimba from carrara into .obj format and then imported into Studio. Sent you another email regarding a harp.

skylab

Esteemed
Finally got Lucas and the Kalimba together in Studio...yay!! Now, Linda....what kind of DS shaders do you use. I only have the default stuff in DS...so do I already have decent stainless steel or chrome, and wood, or is there a good set of affordable shaders for DS?? If I'm going to be doing IRAY, I like good shaders....so equal to D3D in Poser or VB Shaders.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Cute....he's got a fantasy harp now....too bad it's not available any more on Rendo. Wonder if Stezza is up to doing a "stick harp" and maybe a drum....I guess one never knows until they ask :) The Kalimba turned out great! We definitely do better with .obj exports from Carrara format.

HARP.jpg

DRUM.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Do you happen to have the oldie but goodie Egyptian instruments? There's a bass drum that if you rotate and resize works pretty good. Image to follow.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see about the harp not available.

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, I do....will try that later on :) I need to get some shaders going in order to make the Kalimba look nice in Studio, so am testing the free stuff first.

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, Stezza, exactly like that! Wonderful! Is it possible to export as .obj? And even your Kalimba also....in my opinion, they'd be great on ShareCG, since they are one of a kind :)

I tried posting a render in your thread, Stezza, and I think it said something about having to be approved (?), so it may or may not go through :)