• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I'm doing Lucas the Spider research...haha...otherwise called animator's do-it-yourself training.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I was thinking about that fly...couldn't remember where I had seen him....hmmm....Lucas needs his best friend I guess. Thought you'd like to see these videos....rendering ideas as well as animation ideas for me as well...and I know Janet was recently talking about wanting to do a crab walk...so maybe she'd be interested in doing a spider walk with aniblocks I think the animation presets are called. I think the chameleon is still on sale.....beeee right back :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, the fly is downloading into Studio now....he ended up being free after help from a coupon :) Another thing I wanted to try is dForce clothing...but I know I'll have to pace myself in order to climb the learning curve. I finally saw an outfit that I liked well enough to try it later on...it reminded me of the Indian smocks that I used to wear back in the days of traveling with the band (my favorite was an embroidered dark forest green)....and how do I do this, without links....a texture set for the outfit looks like this from the back, beautiful work:

salwar-kameez--jasmine.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
I've not tried d-force yet. Those textures are gorgeous.

Been looking for odd little instruments for a spider band. Found pan pipes and a different xylophone than the one in the video. May have to make a harp out of primitives or something. Wanted a toy piano but can't find one.

skylab

Esteemed
Yep, that was next on the list of things to do after completing my downloads....to research unusual instruments. Maybe something can be found like a primitive harp....sometimes I browse through my archive first, then I see if it's still available online for download....that's always the challenge, is getting everyone on the same page, or at least the opportunity to be on the same page, with freebies. The toy piano was a good find :) What's the clunky sounding thing called...on the band video, it's the thing in the upper right corner (?) Mark Fowler has a nice violin....or Malik's violin by Nursoda could be used. The drum almost looks Native American.

skylab

Esteemed
That first Kalimba link would be perfect....and yes, $24 is too much....the $5 range keeps it fun :) Ideally if it were rigged for Poser/DS, it could actually be animated.

Also, some interesting possibilities for places for Lucas to play . . .he definitely needs a good sink, and other places where spiders like to be :) There are two Native Drum links, the second one has bigger picture. I'm not sure if the drum can be separate from the stand. Also am looking for toy drum like you see at Christmas time....whatever is out there. Bongo drums might be cute, if he could hop from one to the other :)

Cable drum set

Native Stuff (includes drum)

Native Stuff

Misc. Free Stuff at Turbosquid

skylab

Esteemed
Right, that's the same native drum that's at ShareCG. I think maybe it can work, especially if the stand can be hidden.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...they do take awhile...it's like Poser Superfly. That's why I kept doing partial renders of Snuggles, trying to get his eyes brighter, but gave up as it was getting later in the evening. Saved the scene and will try again later on that.