• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Dani's been sick with something like the flu, or what she called a bug that was passing around her family. Between that and managing family stuff, she's been worn down lately. I hear from her by email when she feels like coming online briefly. We've missed seeing her and her beautiful renders.
Hoping she feels better soon :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's Summoner's Terry Dog...adorable :) Since the rigging on the bee was exceptional, I thought the dog would work fine.

Reminds me of a friend on mine from work who had a little white dog named Mendy, gushing with personality and very photogenic...she posed nicely for me to take her picture (below). When I saw the Terry model, it was the closest I'd seen to being similar to Mendy...Mendy was actually a Lhasa Apso, and had to have her hair done regularly, complete with colorful bows for style...haha. My friend has since passed away....so I think Terry will be a nice memorial to Mendy and to my friend.

TERRY DOG.jpg

MENDY1.jpg

MENDY3.jpg

MENDY2.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Dani's been sick with something like the flu, or what she called a bug that was passing around her family. Between that and managing family stuff, she's been worn down lately. I hear from her by email when she feels like coming online briefly. We've missed seeing her and her beautiful renders.
Hoping she feels better soon :)

:bee:
I hope she's better soon. Getting sick like that is not fun at all.

skylab

Esteemed
The other Summoner animal that I thought was so pretty was the Siberian Tiger....the saddle and head gear can be turned off so that it's more realistic. Quick render of the pretty kitty :)

SIBERIAN TIGER.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do you have any of 1971s houses? I did some snow for the roofs of a few of them. Wondering if I should make them a freebie.

skylab

Esteemed
While I was eating lunch, I loaded the Summoner freebies into a group scene, to give an idea of what they actually look like, since some of the promos are on the dramatic side :) In order to download them for free, it's necessary to either make a moderate-priced purchase, or make a paypal donation, and then you receive an email confirmation and a limited time pass code....so it's wise to get an idea of what you want to download first, in order to speed up the process, since the store is quite large. There are numerous space-themed models, a few nice animals, and some that may not necessarily be pleasant to look at....and the older models are vehicles and props. Here's the link to the freebie downloads, and once you receive a pass code, the links become active, with a pass code prompt.

The R2-D2 model has antenna that retract, twist or can be made invisible. The wall clock has a working mechanism, and both hands can be moved.

SUMMONER FREE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) I have a LOT of 1971s houses....love those models :) Fortunately they go on super sales a lot, so I've been able to slowly accumulate what's shown here in a screen cap of my 1971s runtime:

1971s.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The ones I have are Marine House, House on Suburb, Suburban House and one of the Lovely Houses.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) Anything that you've created for 1971s stuff would be great...I think everyone here likes that stuff.

Yeah Terre, those carvings are really amazing. Thought folks here would enjoy them because of the unique character creation..they could be .faces that might be modeled using Sculptris or ZBrush :)

Well, Yweeb is finally home from collecting his Snickers, and it's time for rest now :)

Good night all :sleep:

YWEEB SNICKERS.jpg