• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
You-know-where had a sale on these since the season was coming to a close....and I tried an IRAY render of it, and finally got results that were not totally grainy...yay!!

IRAY carved pumpkin.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'm trying to do Snuggles now using IRAY, and hair added. One of these days I'll learn how to control the lights :)

We're having a storm blow through, so sleep had to be postponed. . .

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I was trying to get a little light near his eyes...but didn't quite work. Will try again tomorrow. Baby steps toward IRAY :)

snuggles with snickers.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Stormy and windy here with tornado warnings.

The Antfarm made a spider but Daz rejected it because it looked like Lucas the Spider. I can see their point. It's available and if anyone wants it, I can send info where to get it since it's not a freebie. Only $5 though.

Lucas:

Itty Bitty Spider:
itty bitty spider.jpg

Hi ladies! I'm trying to play catch-up...just went through the posts quickly. I'll have to go back later and pick up all the goodies. *smile*

Finally well...though Quinn is still trying to recover. Hopefully we're getting all of our sicknesses over before the holiday season. LOL Hope you all stay well...nasty bugs out there.

Very windy this morning...autumn is a-blowin' in and I'm afraid all the leaves will be gone by the time I get a chance to go take some photos. *smile* Did you see all the snow they had in the west/midwest/central plains? Wow!

Hope you all have a good day!! Stay warm and dry.

winterbarn.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hi Dani! Glad everyone's on the mend. The hairy spider is Studio only when using the hair. I'll check how it does in Poser.

I love old barns like that. Such history and character in them.

The snap dragon is so cute. Feed Me Seamore!

skylab

Esteemed
Forgot to mention, Linda, I'd be interested in info about AntFarm's fuzzy spider for DAZ Studio :) Today was errand day, and I always get wiped out in the afternoon after returning home, so I'm finally getting awake, and functional :oops:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Your description of Gesora is spot on, sky! Emailing spider info to you.

Dani, unfortunately the spider seems to be Studio only. Perhaps the dson importer would work but I can't get mine to install.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Check your email, sky.

Saw a cute bumper sticker tonight: Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. :sun:

skylab

Esteemed
Got it Linda...thanks! I'll be able to play with that crawley critter this evening. I tried doing long hair on the new DAZ cat, and my computer freaked out....so maybe it can handle medium and short hair stuff.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
...and I needed that advice when I was younger Linda....I'm sure I gave my gaurdian angels many headaches until I had sense enough to slow down :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Sorta gave him a war paint effect...haha....cute :) I can see the render potential in Studio IRAY, and it pains me to know that I'm not quite there yet in fully "getting it", but having little critters like this to play with is the best way I've found to learn. If I go off with scenes that are too complicated, all I end up doing is either crashing out, or ending up with a mess. Also, little critters like this usually animate well...and of course I have yet to conquer DAZ Studio animation....so maybe 2020 will be the year for me to finally do this. I probably shouldn't sit and hold my breath, waiting for Poser animation improvements....so we'll see :)