• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
FINALLY! DS4 & CMS now connecting and working. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Tried everything on the link from Janet to no avail.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Wow, the cat and hamster curled up asleep together....haha. That's like one of the videos had a cat with a bird....amazing :)

I'm so glad your technical problems with DS4 have been solved. I had the very same experience as you described, and none of the fixes worked for me either. I had to just keep messing with it, like you've done. I've had enough wrestling matches to know it takes a lot of patience and perseverence, and maybe even a little hair-pulling...haha. At least you're back in business! I finally got the last thing entered into my content folder in P11.2....copying the enormous runtime to the drive is the easy part....I can sleep while that's at work. What takes time is adding each individual category of the runtime into the Poser 11 content display, since the indexing fights you all the way, slowing down the process. Well, it's finally all there, so that I can actually work in Poser 11 now, and open any previously created scene files. That's extremely important when you do animations, to be able to save your scene files.

I'm working on setting up CrossDresser tonight, another essential for the usual workflow, and this morning I even set up my games....also necessary for when the other stuff gets on my last nerve, then I can take a break from it :) I even found the second version of the free Moorhuhn game online, so it's set up now on Windows 10 and works beautifully, along with the original German first version of the Moorhuhn game. There's also a similar version on Steam and a funny, newer version called Crazy Chicken Pirates on Amazon. These games are a great outlet for when you feel like you'd like to shoot your computer...haha ;)

Moorhuhn original first version:

Moorhuhn 2:

Crazy Chicken Pirates:

LOL So cute!! I wish my kitties did cool stuff like that!

Ran across a good thread at Rendo on The Construct. One post that I especially found useful was by Kerya that posts the link to another helpful python script by structure that replaces the Material Room preview Superfly head with a flat plane.

The CONSTRUCT -- Anything New?

thecatswillplay1.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Wow, thanks for that tip about the Construct thread at Rendo Dani. There were several tips mentioned, one being about the old RDNA TerraDome, which was relocated to DAZ, and how the skies for the TerraDome will work in Poser 11 :) Very good find, my friend :)

:coding:

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :)
Glad things got worked out Linda.
A lot of nice finds there Sky. Those videos were cute.

skylab

Esteemed
I tried responding to your email, but it kicked back...maybe your inbox is full perhaps (?). Probably with the recent changes, best not to post promos...to be fair to all.

:coding:

Lovely!! LOL You're welcome...glad to be able to help you every once in a while. *smile* I use Flink's materials quite often for The Construct also.

Yes, it finally feels like autumn outside. I'm a happy camper! Speaking of camping...my new sofa is going to be delivered today. No more sitting in camp chairs! Yay! LOL

thegiftofloveandhappiness.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...it's nice being greeted by such bright colors this morning...beautiful.. I've heard it said before, more than once, that folks who have had afterlife experiences and lived to tell about it, speak of how they've seen colors that are extremely bright, enhanced brighter than anything we've ever seen here. I always think of that whenever I see your work Dani...it's as if you're plugged in to heaven's palette, and seeing beyond this world :) Gorgeous!

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Technical question for DS4 users. The default location for the cms folder is the C:\ drive. If I move it to my D:\ drive and change the content installer to point to the new location, will that mess things up? The cms folder is filling up my drive.