• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Wasn't the case with mine, nor according to the article that explains the fix. The last Windows update apparently restored the ability to choose user preference, but it is not very easy to find for the inexperienced user....but initially there was no choice....and only turnig off transparency altogether would get rid of it. Now there is an option to fix it...have a look at the article for the explanation and fix.

:coding:

Good morning! Hope everyone has a nice day!

Sprite Attack from 2012...if I remember correctly I used Poser's ball prop and the diffuse map to create the little soot sprites (dust bunnies).

spriteattack.jpg

Poser update today along with several content updates dated 10\3\19.
Do you know what the update contains? I see that the contents pertain to the Hivewire 3D figures. I hate to keep updating my Poser. *smile* Is there a page on this somewhere? I've looked at Renderosity but don't see anything about the newest update.

This thread in the Official Poser/PoserPro 11 Technical Forum seems to be the closest to answering my questions...but it still doesn't answer my questions.
Subject: Is there a list of what is being updated in the Poser 11.2 files?

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Good to see you on this morning.

I had the same questions about the Poser update, since I didn't want to download so many updates that I run into internet connection problems again. It appears that the content updates only pertain to the Hivewire figures, but I have mine set up in a separate runtime so I think I'll pass on those. So, I don't know if the Poser installation and support updates are related to the Hivewire content, or are truly necessary updates. I'm like you, if it's working, I don't want to keep messing with it....but I do need to review the updates each time to consider if they are necessary. They have not yet learned the importance of communication with all the users....not just the close knit inside group of content creators who are pushing for features that they want. If this persists, Poser will never be much more than it presently is....they'll just keep tweaking the clothing creation tools, and the rest of the features will remain untouched. So, I really need to know if this is just another clothing creation tweak, or is it something that I can actually use, to justify downloading the updates. In the meantime, I'm loading up DAZ Studio 4.12 and giving it a chance....something I didn't think I'd be considering....since it's like starting completely over, and re-learning 3D....but looking back, if I had begun doing so five years ago, I'd be farther along in the process by now.

Your little "fuzz balls" are the right idea for dust bunnies....haha. At the time that I was messing with the Kon woozies, I was trying to experiment with a base that would have a face with expressions. This was years before EvoFace was created. This is where Sculptris could come in handy as a way of creating unique .obj shapes to grow fuzz upon. Linda mentioned over at the other thread that she'd like to be able to make the dust buddies in either Poser or DAZ Studio....and I share her interest in this type of thing....to be able to do things that are unique, different, original...and things that will animate well.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I received an email from someone on ShareCG who is doing ministry and needs help....I've received many like this, and once again I'm running through a list of content that can be used in biblical illustration. I used to include a list with some of my pose sets, but most of those links are no longer any good....since Poserworld and Pappy at Rendo are gone now. I think this time when I get the list completed, I'll start circulating it again. Dani, I'll send you a copy when I get it completed...I'm still looking up stuff now. I'm finding a few new things. Here are some free options for DAZ Studio (plus quite a few other dynamic outfits as well):

Optitex Dynamic Head Piece for both men and women

Optitex Dynamic Burga V4

skylab

Esteemed
SCULPTRIS FREE PDF DOCUMENTATION AND TUTORIALS

PDF manual to Sculptris can be found in the program file folder, once it's installed. It's also located here online.

There's a free PDF Sculptris Intro for beginners at this link.

I would highly recommend downloading this free Guide to Getting Started With Sculptris. Just click the orange Get it Now button.
There are also similar free ZBrush Guides elsewhere on his site.

There's an educational Sculptris wiki at this link, and it can be saved as a PDF by clicking the link on the left side of the page, under Print/Export.

Free Sculptris cheat sheet in PDF format at this link.

Also, Sculptris tutorials for beginners here at this link.

More Sculptris information.

skylab

Esteemed
I've been following some of the threads here on Hivewire about recent Poser updates, and some are saying that Poser has started crashing after they upgraded from the previously stable version 11.2.272, so just mentioning in case it will save some issues for others. I do know that Poser 11.1 was white-screening and crashing a lot during scene setup for animation after its last update, and I'm relieved that I can now use version 11.2.272 so far without a lot of problems.

Also, since I've been working on setting up the new Dell Windows 10, I discovered that there is still a 3 install limit per Rendo P11.2 license, so one would need to be careful about numerous installations, or be prepared to purchase another license. This, plus the hyper-focus on content creatioin tweaks that has left parts of Poser vulnerable to crashes, has caused me to consider again DAZ Studio 4 for future animation work, that is if I can adjust to the new workflow. We shall see. I'll have to invest a good bit of time learning DS4 lighting.

Good morning! It's finally autumn!! :squee:

Looking forward to sipping some coffee on the back porch this morning in my pj's and sweater...plus some blankets. Little things make me so happy...or simple pleasures for simple minds. LOL

prettypumpkin.jpg

witch.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Wow Linda, that's great! You will be able to do so much more now! I'll try to re-post the FlowScape info here so that you'll have the information handy when you get Flowscape :)

skylab

Esteemed
Here are links back to tutorial videos and information regarding FlowScape :)

Page 434 - FlowScape YouTube Videos

Page 435 - Tutorial and other information

Page 444 - FlowScape addition of ocean and volumetric fog

Here's the information (below) that I included in the FLOWSCAPE PDF Tutorial on ShareCG (and FLOWSCAPE PDF Tutorial - Part 2):

I'm glad I've had a little learning curve time to get out ahead of understanding FlowScape, or I wouldn't have been able to provide much help...it would have been more like the blind leading the blind, and we'd both end up falling in the book trench....haha. I may release this as a PDF tutorial on ShareCG, since new users all ask the same questions. The creator of the game may very well have intended for the discovery of its features to be part of the program's "mystery". I have not yet explored the texture and terrain options, like raising and lowering the water and terrain levels, and the various sky and water options. It can remain territory for you to conquer on your own. Also, I failed to mention, the icon above the camera, the headphones, second from the bottom, opens up options for music while working.

If you do decide to purchase the program, a few tips:

1. Make sure you hang on to your confirmation email (if you purchase from the creator's website) that provides you with links back to your download page, because the program goes through fairly frequent updates, and you'll need to access your download links in order to get the updates.

2, And, it's wise to create a FlowScape account when given the option, since it links your purchase to your user name on the site, so there's record of your purchase for future updates. My prediction is this program is going to grow, and getting in on it while it's $10 is a good idea. It's already $14.99 on Steam.

3. You have to allow for download time....the last update to version 1.5 was a walloping 3.9 gig. Also, there are no notices when updates are released, so the best way to watch for them is on the FlowScape home page....scroll down to the bottom of the page in order to see the current version. If you see that it has been updated, then use the link in your confirmation email to navigate to your download page and log in. I've not yet used the download manager...this may be a better option for some. So far I've just downloaded the zip and manually copied the contents into a new FlowScape 64 bit folder.

4. Remember to right click on the program file, and the program icon, in order to give administrator permission each time, or your screen captures will fail to land in your FlowScape directory. If you choose high resolution, and your monitor resolution is high, be aware that screen captures can be over 40 megs each, and mine have been 7104x4000! So when I post a "large" capture, I've already reduced it down quite a bit. There are also panorama capture options as well, that might be great for doing sky dome images. And, one last tip about screen captures....because the program and images take up a lot of space on my drive, I opted to remove version 1.4 when upgrading to 1.5....not thinking how it would impact the scenes I previously saved from 1.4. Fortunately I saved the 1.4 files on a backup drive so if I ever need to access the old files again, I have that option. But just be aware that old saved projects need to be kept safe when upgrading.

Here's a link to the FlowScape forum in case there are further questions, or curiosity about future development. Have fun!

flowscape--book-farm.jpg

flowscape-ocean.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
More good news :) I received an email today from the new Poserworld site, helping to get my log-in straight, and I'm in now, and enjoying finding old treasures, and some that I had never downloaded...but can see them now through different eyes, for use with animations, etc. So if any of you were former Poserworld members, watch your email in case you get information. The link to the log-in page is here.

skylab

Esteemed
Linda, another FlowScape tip: On my old Windows 7 that had 8 gig of ram, and not much free space, FlowScape was chugging along, and really not able to function properly. But on a Windows 7 drive that has 16 gig of ram and a 2T drive, it runs fine. It's best to choose medium graphics quality and opt for a reduced resolution at 59 Hz at the opening screen in order to avoid choppy video display. Hope it works for you!

More good news :) I received an email today from the new Poserworld site, helping to get my log-in straight, and I'm in now, and enjoying finding old treasures, and some that I had never downloaded...but can see them now through different eyes, for use with animations, etc. So if any of you were former Poserworld members, watch your email in case you get information. The link to the log-in page is here.

I used to love that site...so many useful items. If I remember correctly, Steve created the models and Rena made the materials/textures for them. They were a great team...even a little romance was involved at one time. I've been a member of Renderosity for so long...oh, the history that used to be on Rendo's message boards. It was like a little Peyton Place back then. And only those of my generation will understand that analogy. *smile*