• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

5littlepumpkins.jpg

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "Oh, my it's getting late"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"

Then ooooo went the wind
And OUT went the lights.

And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

Linda B

Extraordinary
*bangs head repeatedly on table* After my DS4.12 and DIM reinstall problems I thought were resolved, now the PostSQLgre CMS connection issue has appeared. Nothing I've found seems to fix it. Oh well, I'll work without the SmartContent tab.

skylab

Esteemed
Sorry to hear that Linda...was hoping you had found a solution. I had connection issues at first also, and it resolved when I started the connection on the DAZ site, within my account products list, instead of within the download manager on my desktop...I think the buttons are green and say "Download and Install", or something like that. Clicking in that way would call up the manager after I confirmed permission in my browser, and then it would work, and get rid of the PostSQLgre prompt.

One has to truly love 3D art in order to put up with the current, endlessly looping obstacles :cautious:
Unfortunately it feels like trading one's creativity for becoming a technical analyist....and add to that the expectation of bearing the, at times, enormous expense and frustration, and the subtle, and sometimes even obvious, manipulation...and the assumed continual, unwavering support, so that a few can remain employed as content providers who, in the end, will attempt to tell you what you will like and what is no longer acceptable....just seems to be a merry-go-round recipe for ridiculous. There used to be an expression that I think may apply....that is, "when folks pee in your face, and then try to convince you it's just raining".

PC-FRUSTRATION.gif

Laughing...but oh, those poor kitties on the last ones.

I had a nice weekend watching my little grandson again. Rory will be two next week but still isn't talking and we are starting to become concerned...prayers and good thoughts appreciated. *smile* Praying you all have computers that run smoothly; efficiently.

warmkittysoftkitty.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Dani :) I sure do recognize those beautiful fluffy kitties...gorgeous! Glad you had a nice weekend :)

I did a few animations of Tiny's Fluffy for the Mil Cat a few years ago (below), and here's a video of my petting the inspiration for those animations, the real Siamese who is so large that, compared to me, he wasn't a lap cat, but was a "full body cat"...haha. He likes lots of attention, and likes to give kitty kisses on your cheek while "talking" to you in soft meows :)

petting.gif

fluffy-animation-10-9-14.gif

fluffy-animation-10-1-14.gif

tiny-kitty-walk.gif

fluffy-animation-10-16-14.gif

skylab

Esteemed
...and this Poser 11 freebie from Rendo looks interesting, in fact, just what I was wishing for :) If I'm understanding it correctly, it's a script that allows for having two preferred default blank scenes, one with the construct, and one without (like when you need it blank to do an environment that has its own sky dome)...and some help near the bottom of the download page for users who are unfamiliar with how to find where these files go. Nice :)

Swap Preferred Scenes by structure

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
These three videos below remind me of a gray Persian that I had one time, named Artie....he loved his toy on a stretchy cord, and I kept it tied to a door knob near a hallway where he could have at it, to keep him entertained, and exercised....he'd do an air borne lunge at that thing, forcing it the entire length of the hallway in one dramatic jump, hold on to it for a little while, then all of a sudden just let go, and it would fly back the entire length of the hallway, and then he'd start the whole process again....haha. I'd be in the kitchen working, and would hear bang, ba-ow, jingle jingle....bang, ba-ow, jingle jingle....haha.