• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Andy is at it again . . .

PLANE FLIGHT OVER CLOUDS DAY 900x479.gif

:angel:

The sculpting program looks interesting! I suppose learning how to make my own Totoro would be one way to get him in my Runtime. *smile* I'm much better at doing textures for things. I used to do that all the time but when I finally figured out Poser's Material Room I got lazy and just played around with changing how things looked that way.

The Witches Race from 2013

thewitchesrace.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Weren't those dust buddies cute....haha. It as a clever little story...and that lady trying to vacuum the floor realized that, united, they were a force to reckon with :)

:bee::beehive::bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Linda, these were Kon Woozies, close kin to dust bunnies, that I made in the Poser hair room years ago....which is just Kon's head with lots of tight curls. You could model a basic bunny shape in Sculptris (even if the parts are detached, like in the Dust Buddies video....that is, separate ears that are parented, etc....when the dust buddies moved fast, it took awhile for their separate parts to catch up), and then put the fuzz on it in the hair room :) Sounds like a good modeling/character challenge :)

kon-woozies.jpg

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Tip for Windows 10 users: Recent updates to Windows 10 have caused a blurring feature to be applied to the loading splash screen, otherwise called the Lock Screen. This is another fine example of the time and effort being wasted on destructive MS updates. A fix for this has been posted on this page, if you prefer to have a normal picture of your choice loading on the Lock Screen, without having to turn transparency off throughout the operating system. Go here for the illustrated fix.

:coding:

DanaTA

Distinguished
It only goes blurry when you click the mouse or whatever you do to unlock the screen (put the password in). If you don't do anything, the picture is fine. You can move the mouse around and it has no effect. I have the revolving pictures from Bing and they offer different text describing it, or things about events, and in the upper right it tells you what the photo is, where it was taken. But it doesn't blur until I click outside of one of the blocks of text to get the login dialog.

Dana