• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
My great niece sent me this picture. We must render it! A challenge if anyone wants to accept. Use critter of your choice.

71105387_905790196459568_8303238610094653440_n.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Cute critter :) About the only rendering I've done since last night was a second version of the Autumn Walk scene (below). After I worked on setting it up, I received a phone call from a dear old friend who is quite sick with advanced stage(s) of numerous types of cancers that are spreading. It caught me a little off guard, since she was a close friend during my working years, and is one of the last remaining close friends who is yet living. The older I get, the more I really, really hate cancer. Thank God, He is always with us, no matter what season of life it happens to be.

AUTUMN WALK ver2.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Tip about Sculptris: Even though the program has installation problems in Windows 10, it works fine if you install it on a Windows 7 drive, and then copy the whole program folder onto a USB drive, (or zip it and email it to yourself as an attachment), and then copy the program folder onto your Windows 10 drive. It will launch fine, and function okay :)

SCULPTRIS

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) I've never tried depth of field before. I'll give it a try and see if I can figure it out, and if I do, I'll post the steps :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go Linda...I used the scene that was already set up, and just added Andy in the foreground. Under Render, choose Render Settings, and check Depth of Field, then do a test render to see if it works.

DEPTH 0F FIELD 1.jpg

DEPTH 0F FIELD 2.jpg

ANDY-DEPTH OF FIELD.jpg

Praying!!! {{hugs}}

I love it and will try to do something like it. Today I'm helping my eldest move into his new home.

I guess I'll start with Halloween images now...from 2013.
adaandzedock.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) I found the winter set and a desert sand set by the same person, at a sale price, and jumped on it, since they handle and render so well. Sometimes sets like that can be demanding of resources, but not these sets....they will spin around with no hesitation during setup, the trees and other elements can be moved, other things can be added :)

Thanks for your prayers Dani. I still am catching tears some as I try to work, but it's to be expected. Mostly I'm in shock...how anyone who sounds so good over the phone be so incredibly ill.

The expression on the cat in your render is priceless....it's like "yeah, I'm bad...so what are you lookin' at?"....haha.

:bee: