• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Terre :) Here's the other one in The Cat Came Back pose set that I'm still working on....it will be like the Muppet cat with the eye patch and bandaged tail...haha. I finally found an eye patch that would work well....it was in an old M2 set from DAZ that I had from years ago, called Pirate Pack.

POSER CAT EYE PATCH.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Working with the Hivewire Cat this morning, and finally have gotten around to creating a pose fix for the paws. By default the paws are spread, with claws slightly showing...so I took time this morning to create a zero pose with the paws fixed, and a standing pose also, for a convenient starting point, to save having to take time to do that each time. I've zipped these two poses in a runtime folder and attached them to this thread, if anyone is interested in having them.

View attachment 52279

View attachment 52280

Thank you!

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Dana, you're welcome :) Figured that our "crazy cat lady" thread would like to have that paw fix :)

And Janet, yes, I saw that....and bookmarked it for tomorrow...and looked up the time zone difference between us and British time...if it's 9:00 pm their time, must be 3:00 pm in the afternoon eastern time. So I may click in just to see what it's like.

BST to EST converter.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Today's project has been to figure out how to fix the Poser gray tabby face texture...no easy task. The original map looked like this (this is viewing it upside down, so that it makes a little more sense):

POSER-CAT-ORIGINAL.jpg

This explains why the cat's face looked like he had been hit by a truck...it was difficult to tell what was what, so I just decided to pick a place and start, and see what happened.

This is how far I got on fixing the striped face version...it still needs work:

POSER-CAT---STRIPED--FACE.jpg

...which presently renders like this:

STRIPED-FACE.jpg

...and the light faced version:

POSER-CAT--WHITE--FACE.jpg

...which renders like this:

WHITE-FACE.jpg

The new textures have to be used for the skin as well as the nose textures in the Material Room. Just thought I'd post this for anyone who would want to try to fix their own Poser gray tabby housecat texture, and use what I've mapped here as a quick start guide. The area below the nose, that was originally a large blob of rose color is actually unnecessary, and causes the red-faced appearance of the cat. The larger area of rose color is the interior of the mouth.

Texture work is not really my thing, but some of you are quite good at it....you know who you are...haha. Anyway, this will help you give your kitty a face lift, if you feel so inclined.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Thank you Linda :) The Poser cat appreciates it too! For so long he's been hearing that he's old, ugly, and of no use any more....so he's smiling at the love and attention that he's getting....haha. Wonder what he could look like in more capable hands, someone who was gifted at textures.

POSER CAT SMILE.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Well, I have discovered it is the Content Cluster folder for postsql gre that is filling up my C drive. Can't find any way to get postsql gre to install to my D drive so that all files required by DS are there and not on the C drive.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) Great. I was working on finishing up the pose set, and by the time I realized it was time for the webinar, it was really too late to click in, so I missed it....oh well, glad you made it :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Seven poses for the Poser gray tabby housecat and two poses for the Poser 8 dog. Please see the ReadMe text file included in the download for links to the props used in the pose scenes. The Poser gray tabby housecat and the Poser 8 dog are included in the recent release of Poser 11.2, in Poser Legacy Animals/Pets, as well as in older versions of Poser. Enjoy!

THE CAT CAME BACK

THE CAT CAME BACK.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The biggest take aways are that the camera moves using W S D A buttons as the program was designed for gamers and there's a visual help menu.

skylab

Esteemed

Attachments

• THE CAT CAME BACK.zip
    372.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: