• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
This might be a nice freebie....someone on ShareCG has done a scrabble set in FBX...I'll test it this evening to see how it renders...I've been looking for one of these for a long time :) It would also be nice to find a set of dominos....to use for a domino fall animation.

SCRABBLE BOARD AND PIECES

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
The Scrabble set has some problems....the elevated board is there, and the tile holders....but only five tiles....and the materials are missing. This is what appears in Poser 11.2 (below)....attempting to import it into Studio 4.12 resulted in numerous errors, and overlapping of the tiles and holders. So, unless if one is able to do corrective modeling, it's probably not worth the download.

scrabble.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
That looks good Stezza...is it possible that the pieces can be exported to .obj, with materials preserved, for use in Poser animation? I wanted to do a Poser animation of a string of tipping dominoes.

I keep checking the scrabble download page to see if there is any hint given as to what happened to the game pieces. Apparently they are supposed to be on the board, and individually could have been moved around....but for some reason, perhaps the FBX conversion, the game pieces are not visible, except for the five on the tile holder spelling MIKE H. Carrara doesn't do FBX. I tried it in DAZ Studio, but got a flickering mess of scattered pieces. At least in Poser the scene kept its basic order, it just had the game pieces and materials missing.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
The original Frogkin dance poses were done in sequence so that if they were put together on the Poser timeline, Frogkin would do the Michigan Rag, like in the YouTube cartoon example :) All he needs is a parented top hat and cane....at frame one, he's standing at dance-1, at frame 10 dance jump-1, at frame 20 dance-jump-2, then at frame 30 back to dance-1.

FROGKIN-DANCE.gif

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I did a quick obj export of a new sample domino to see if it works in Poser

1571018197609.png

it worked ok - I'll upload the file if I can with the PSD template file for you to dot up - it's 1.16Mb but won't attach here.. :eek:

1571018324688.png