• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Anyone understand this Postsql stuff? I need to change the postgresql.conf to change this line to point to my user profile on my D drive instead of C:
#search_path = '"$user",public'

I've gotten everything else pointing to D.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow Linda....you've gone from 3D artist to software programmer :) You know my knowledge of Studio is very limited. Seliah might know, or possibly Janet, or even somebody on the DAZ Technical Forum. I hope the final fix gets you where you're headed, that is, getting some major space freed up on your hard drive.

Found these freebies a little while ago that I don't remember posting before....for the Mil Cat, and whatever.

Daz3d MilCat morph Shapes Caricatures

Cat Ears

:coding:

Last edited:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Edit to above: When I start DIM it keeps setting the cms back to C app data folder. I know postgresql program has to be on C but I can't get my content to seem to go to my D content cluster instead of the C content cluster folder in app data. So I figure postgresql is looking for the wrong user profile.

Yeah, Sky, I used to know how to program but it was in RPG II. I'm showing my age! I checked the DAZ forum but couldn't find anything. I know the cms and content cluster folder can BE on the D drive. For some reason mine keeps going back to C.

skylab

Esteemed
There are installation questions on the DAZ Technical forum....could you log in and ask the question there...you might get a nibble...worth a try.

I don't think Stezza uses Studio, but he might know someone who would know the answer....just thinking of potential possibilities.

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
For we allergy sufferers. Achoo!
Allergies.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Edit to above: When I start DIM it keeps setting the cms back to C app data folder. I know postgresql program has to be on C but I can't get my content to seem to go to my D content cluster instead of the C content cluster folder in app data. So I figure postgresql is looking for the wrong user profile.

I can tell you my setup as I have my programs all on my D:
all of my content on E:
and my OS is on C:

here are the screen grabs of my setup.
also my cms is in the data folder ( which is a hidden folder ) C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms

1571186226942.png

1571186265511.png

1571186310344.png

then in DS

1571186514019.png

hope this helps you out somewhat..

skylab

Esteemed
Thank you so much Stezza for taking time to provide what may be a solution for Linda's problem with her laptop, and the screen captures and details especially are helpful :)

Continuing to work on more Poser cat poses...some around the kitchen at feeding time poses :) The Andy poses will be included in the Crazy Cat Lady set.

ANDY KNEELING CAT BOWL.jpg

ANDY CAT BOWL.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
That pot of soup sounds mighty good Dani....especially if there's hot homemade biscuits, and coffee to go with it (I can dream, can't I?)....haha :)

And look at all these wonderful Amish themed renders....I just had a feeling that maybe you'd like something like that...and sure enough, there's the proof...haha. If you have more like these, please, let us see them :)

amish-buggy.jpg