• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here's how I put together an Amish buggy back in 2013, by using the rigged part of the 1800's buggy, and modeling a "top" to fit over the rigged buggy, creating the boxed-in plain buggy, then changing all the mats to black...and you have created an instant Amish buggy :) The tricky part is getting all the horse rigging together, depending upon what horse you want to use, if you want to do a full horse and buggy scene. If doing a parked buggy, the horse reins part could be skipped, or faked.

The first link below has the buggy model, and poses to various figures....and the second link is to the 1800's buggy that I used as the rigged base. There are also other similar free buggies in the links that follow. A free horse harness is available at the last link....and if you own the DAZ Vingtage Sleigh, parts of it can be used.

AMISH BUGGY with M4, M3 and APOLLO POSES (add-on for the first buggy below, 1800's Horse Buggy)

1800's Horse Buggy

Top for 1800's Buggy

1800's Buggy #2

1800's Delivery Buggy

Simple Peddlers Wagon

Web Wizard's Horse Harness

....and parts of the DAZ Vintage Sleigh can be used.

amish-buggy.jpg

amish-buggy2.jpg

amish-buggy3.jpg

amish-buggy4.jpg

amish-buggy5.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I just imported the buggy in Poser 11.2 to make sure that it still works...and it still works fine. The only info that was incorrect above is that I thought that the buggy part was rigged, but turns out it's also an .obj file....so the wheels will not turn for animation, but the up side is, once you get all the materials changed to black, it's possible to save the whole thing out as an .obj so that it would stay intack for future use.

Step 1 - This shows how the buggy appears along with my Amish buggy top, scaled and positioned.
BUGGY1.jpg

Step 2 - This shows the 1800's buggy in the Material Room, and the drop-down box reveals all the parts which need to be changed to black.
BUGGY2.jpg

Step 3 - Render done after all the buggy parts were changed to black.
BUGGY3.jpg

Step 4 - After selecting both the Amish buggy .obj and the 1800's buggy .obj, and exporting both to a single file, this is the render done (below) after importing the combined .obj back into Poser in a new scene.
BUGGY4.jpg

Have a good afternoon....time for a nap :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Well congrats Linda...on your fixed Studio in your laptop :) Thanks again for Stezza's recent input, which must have helped, as well as any other information out there.

Can you backup, or at least screen capture, your various configuration settings? If you need a simple, free, lightweight screen capture utility, I've used MWSnap for years, works great :) Doesn't have to be installed, just copy its folder onto your drive somewhere.

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
oh yes, I have several snapshot apps. Stezza helped a lot in that I didn't have the DS4 preferences set to recognize that I had cms on the D drive. It was still set to the C drive. I had changed everything but that.

We have a little nightly visitor. Hubby came in the other night hissing for me to get the camera quick. He thought there was an owl in the tree behind our fence. This is what it was:
IMG_7556.jpg

Now I know what's been pooping on my stepping stones in the backyard!

skylab

Esteemed
I always enjoy watching Touched By An Angel late at night....comes on Hallmark Drama channel...and while listening to it as I was working on the computer, I suddenly recognized a very familiar accent, from my younger years....that is, the coastal Irish-influenced accent that can be heard every time Roma Downey speaks....she says house, and about, and similar words exactly the same as 700 Club's Pat Robertson, or anyone who has been in the coastal region all their lives. The first choir that I was in had older ladies in it who spoke with heavy Irish accents...and when the last remnant of that generation passes on, probably so will the region's Irish heritage and influence. Roma is originally from northern Ireland.

This is a short video of a portion of one of my favorite episodes, when an older angel flashed a flaming sword to defend the ark, then Roma speaks briefly.

Good morning!

No soup yesterday (had a scrambled egg and toast dinner) but will have to today. Oldest twin, Cade, is sick and stated yesterday when he got home that he would not be going into work today...so soup definitely today. *smile*

Glad you got your program to work, Linda.

Love the buggy!!! Thank you! We have a lot of Amish north of us in Pennsylvania. In the Lancaster area, their houses are enormous! Beautifully kept gardens and outbuildings.

Praying everyone has a good day.

thepumpkinfaery.jpg

littlemonsters.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Dani :) Since I can no longer have tomatoes, it sort of ruined homemade soup for me....my family has always enjoyed wonderful, thick vegetable soup, with a little chicken, and either cornbread, or biscuits. Even though I can't have it now, all I need to do is just think of it and I can smell the aroma and taste the flavor :) So, enjoy it with your family while you can :)

Thought I'd demonstrate what I meant by "faking it" with the buggy, positioning it where the horse does not necessarily have to be seen in order to convey the theme :)

This morning will be errands for med refills and groceries....so thought I'd post a few renders, since usually when I return home on errand day, I have to crash for awhile. The nice cool temperature will make it much easier than in the summer heat, but it's still taxing physically.

Have a good day everyone :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
I keep forgetting to mention...the best Amish style outfit that I've used is Poserworld's 1800 Male for M3 and Apollo, and since Poserworld is becoming available again, it's worth mentioning. Just the color would need to be changed to either a blue shirt, or white shirt, and black pants, and hide or de-emphasize the buttons for the "plain clothes" appearance.

1800M-M3.jpg
M3-1800Male-Var2.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
That reminds me that I have several CDs of poserworld stuff. Too bad I don't have a CD drive on the laptop! Oh well.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :)

Here's M3 as an Amish man, using the Poserworld 1800's outfit, with mat changes, and a M4 beard that was called Stashes for M4 (from you-know-where)...scaled, using the chops, and goatee, but xRotating the goatee a little so that only the chin hair is visible, and then parenting the beard parts to M3's head. I used the free Aprilysh Mitch hair which is balded on top to go with the hat placement. M3's texture is an old product called The Captain from Rendo (Apollo had one similar called Capt. Quint).

AMISH-M3.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
And getting good results too :) Having your Studio program and library relocated may very well give you the space needed to experiment with advanced rendering....that's wonderful :) I've been experimenting for a long time with flame and glow effects in Poser, at least suitable for the limited resources that I have. I've noticed where some folks who are doing Studio tutorials are talking about having massive amounts of ram and smokin' processer speed...so no wonder they can play around with advanced features. It actually takes a little more creativity and resourcefulness to figure out how to get it done on a much smaller system. Your render Linda, reminds me of some of the stuff that you were doing with Hein characters before DAZ forum was taken down....you were doing light saber glow effects, and lightning if I remember correctly :)

One more quick render to show the farm house that's also at Poserworld...actually it's an entire, large farm, complete with barn and fences. The style would work in an Amish-themed render. Scaling may not be exact, just did this to show the house. There was a freebie at you-know-where years ago called Washing Day, that had clothes on the line, an old washboard, and other props as well.

AMISH HOUSE, BUGGY, M3.jpg