• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Took quite awhile to duplicate my runtime that I had on the main workstation....a lot of copying of files...but I'm almost done now :) Thankfully I had it updated on my archive, so it wasn't too complicated. No more big downloads on my workstations....from now on the laptop will take care of that.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Andy taking the new space pod for a spin :)

ANDY SPACE POD.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) I had a cat and dog who used to play together too....my family thought it was hilarious that both the dog and cat would climb in my wagon, and allow me to pull them across the yard....haha....and of course I expected them to play nice with each other, and they always did :)

:snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I just received confirmation that my replacement Windows 10 drive has been shipped...so it should arrive middle of this week. Decided to try a Dell instead of HP this time....2T and 16 gig of ram, but none of the refurbished drives had an option for upgrading to a video card this time. Probably doesn't much matter, as fast as I've been going through them lately....at least it was cheaper this time.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Below are links to a few threads on the Rendo forum about early indications of script errors, and fix releases for Poser 11.2, and also a couple of other things. The Poser forum at Rendo will be the best question/answer source as you use Poser 11.2 more and encounter possible issues.

For those who have some knowledge of script fixes, there's an interesting tip here....I'll post this for experienced users :) I found it in this brief question/answer thread at Rendo regarding handling the rendering appearance of older figures in Poser 11.2.

Also, a fix has been posted on Snarly's site for EZSkin 2. Snarly's thread on Rendo is at this link. Also, more about script errors in P11.2.

This thread at Rendo tells how to recover a Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev expired license. To me, it just makes sense to just downgrade back to Poser Pro 2014, since any fix will be limited to that computer....and you all know what kind of luck I have with that....haha.

This Rendo thread covers P3dO compatibilty...and apparently so far, so good.

Interesting thread dealing with shiny materials in P11 for the creation of drum set cymbals.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) It's a necessary file in order for the program to function. All the content files are optional, but the two Poser install and support files are needed for the program to run. Hope that helps :)

Terre

Renowned
Hey Terre :) It's a necessary file in order for the program to function. All the content files are optional, but the two Poser install and support files are needed for the program to run. Hope that helps :)

OK. That makes sense. Thanks.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Linda :) I've been trying to get extra rest, to get prepared for the extra effort it will take to get the drive set up when it arrives. It was a relief to find a drive for under $200. I'll have to cut my losses where iClone 7 and the new version of Blender is concerned, since it will lack a dedicated video card for OpenGL 3.3...I can use the programs on the drive that is failing to connect to the internet, but they won't install on another drive without meeting the video requirements. At this point I'm just trying to preserve Poser 11 and FlowScape...all the other is just going to be too expensive to maintain....too many technical, physical and financial hurdles to jump, so I may need to be considering winding down some anyway.

:angel: