• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I forgot to mention, under the Legacy content, the giant octopus is there, in the Sea Life, and several of the other animals that I had reviewed before are in the Wild Animals...plus there's a fly and a cockroach in the Bugs, and there are snakes and an alligator in the Reptiles. And last but not least, under Dinosaurs you'll find the T-Rex skeleton for all your nights at the museum renders, and the Raptor for if Janet's lizard returns to her bathtub :)

And a reminder, if any of these old models tend to render funny, just play with the diffuse settings, or the transparency and diffuse settings in the eyes for better results :)

sea-life.jpg

wild-animals.jpg

dinosaurs.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I always wanted to try animating an octopus. I took a look at that one and I don't think the middle part can be made to expand and contract to make it believable though.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
But the crab might be doable. Found this on the net:

Crabs have legs adapted to a variety of purposes. The first legs of most species have evolved into pinchers, technically called chelipeds, while the last pair of legs of some species have become small swimming appendages, called swimmerets or pleopods. King crabs and a few of their relatives fold their last pair of legs underneath their body while walking. They use these legs to transfer sperm or tend the developing eggs.

So basically it's a 6 legged side walk.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I've got the highlighted stuff downloaded, but have a ways to go yet. I already have all the Hivewire stuff in its own protected runtime, with face sculpting add-ons for each character, so I don't want to do anything to mess that up, and La Femme is also in a separate runtime, so I may put just the clothing and hair in that....but I don't want to do anything to mess up the full version features.

content-highlighted.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, I tested the animations and saved them to scene files....and will catch a nap before I actually work on the animations for posting....but everything looked like it was going to be okay :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Maja....thanks for that tip :) It took me awhile to figure it out, but I sure am enjoying the large thumbnails now :) Dani usually comes online in the very, very early morning hours of US east coast time, and sometimes so do I, especially when downloading stuff since servers can be a little faster then. It's 4:30 in the afternoon here in the east coast US now....and I see it's around 10:30 pm there in Germany now....so that explains how I miss seeing you a lot.....I usually nap in the afternoon :) Us seniors have to get their beauty rest and health maintenance nap....haha :) I hope all is still going well with Poser 11.2 for you....I'm still have to get it all downloaded yet. So far everything'that I've tried has been working okay.

:bee::beehive::bee:

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :) Looks like things are going very well. I know a number of people who prefer zip files over installers. They'll be glad of this.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) It is so much easier with zips.

I just booted up my old laptops to make sure that I didn't have any stray Poser licenses on them that would deactivate....but they were all clear. Just wanted to make sure, since folks are saying that SM will be pulling the plug soon.

Now I'm free to just play....I'll test some animations, and have had more Poser animal pose set ideas :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) I like those Poser critters...cute....haha.

That's a lot like I was envisioning for the Poser pets....some selfie group shots, especially of the cat and dog together :)

:bee:

I emailed someone this morning, and included this, and thought it was fitting to post it here, now that we're all sighing relief over Poser 11 being functional again :)

It's a relief that we all have our Poser 11 back....hasn't been this big of a software upset among women since JASC Paint Shop Pro 7 was sold to Corel...haha. It's like, don't mess with my art tools, and nobody gets hurt...haha.

We need a T-shirt that says that....we could start a club...haha :)

:drawing:

I totally forgot that about Paint Shop Pro! I was upset when Jasc sold it to Corel. I don't have it installed anymore but I'm sure if I look through my multitude of storage boxes that it is there somewhere. I loved PSP's tubes (which I still have saved on a hard drive) and doing little animations in Animation Shop...is that what it was called? I remember searching websites for new tubes...House of Blues, I think, was one, she had a lot of nautical things and someone else did the best sparkle tubes! Can't remember the names anymore.

Some little animations that I did. I used to do pixel painted graphics before I discovered Poser. *smile*

aleaves2.gif

caterpillars.gif

dani3dhummers.gif

Okay...wanted to give you the say-so in that, since ShareCG has the one link limit now.

Just read where there's one hitch...D3D XL library script is not functioning in the Poser 11.2 release...what a shame...I hope they can fix it. His stuff was (and still is) excellent. If I recall, he usually did an update to his scripts for nearly every Poser release...he believed in keeping things up-to-date. I had to do a clean install for beta testing each time, so I knew I'd have to face re-installing my plug-ins, scripts and add-ons when the dust finally settled. So here's where we will be doing the work of discovering what will and won't work.

:coding:

Reading the forum post, it looks like Tim will be looking into a fix for it. In the same post, Snarly has stated that he has updated his EZSkin 2 to work with the new version of Poser...I so hope he updates his Snow Machine to work with Superfly!

Last edited: