• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
It's especially unfortunate when you're in the middle of a conversation with someone, and then blip....it's gone :oops:

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I have the basic P11.2 program installed successfully, and I've set it to launch Andy in the construct dome as my default scene.
Nice....very nice :) Since I already have La Femme from Rendo, and all the Hivewire stuff in their own runtimes, all I need to do is find which zip has the new hair, and just install that, plus the new props, and the legacy stuff, and I'll be all set :)

P11-2 SCREENSHOT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I prefer the lightweight default loading, and I use the construct a lot in animations, and I use Andy a lot when testing shaders and lighting. I only do human models occasionally. And of course the good news is, we're finally free of the phone home feature that was so restrictive, and would ultimately fail when it attempted to reach the SM server. Also, I was so glad that Maja stopped by and literally did her installation while online with us...she seemed happy with it, and that was a relief for me. As you can see from this screen shot, there was no separate download area for the legacy files, but they were included on the same download page, so they were not cast aside, but included as an equal option. This is something that could have been clarified better...sometimes the way things were worded in discussion threads, it confused the issue some.

content-options.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I also picked up the tip in the discussion thread about how to set large thumbnails, and even better, how to decrease the indention space, so that the text doesn't just disappear from sight when the file tree is deep. Any visual aids are much appreciated :)

Satira's quote: Click on the three dots at the bottom of the library to expand the library properties. Then depending whether you use Tree or List, adjust the thumbnail sizes.

P11-2 SCREENSHOT-thumbnails.jpg

Terre

Renowned
It'll be interesting to see what you guys end up doing with this. Jim still hasn't seen anything that makes him want to get a new version of Poser. He did skip 2 earlier versions so this isn't a big surprise for me. He doesn't want renders that take more than half an hour so Superfly is useless to him and the other improvements just didn't warrant the expense.

skylab

Esteemed
For me the UI option of enlarged text is probably the best option, followed by superfly materials and much improved lighting over PP2014. Rendering time is not bad if you keep the scene simple. Maybe there will be a sale on P11.2 when P12 is released, so you might get an opportunity to move up then.

Picking through props and new content. Dani may be interested in the new rose and scattered petals included in RPublishing's Romantic Bedroom.

rose.jpg

There is also content included by Flink, under the Nature folder :)

flinks-content.jpg

Blue Tree Camper Van

blue-tree.jpg

Under vehicles.. Schuby's Ford tractor:

schurby-ford-tractor.jpg

...and a Mazda and Lancer:

mazda and lancer.jpg

...and best of all, Shurby's '59 Impala, which includes the best firefly car mats :)

schurby59impala.jpg

...which can be found under Materials, Schurby....with this one option, you can transform even the dullest old model into a shiny new vehicle with the paint, chrome, tire rubber and glass options. This is fantastic content !

schurby mats.jpg

...and finally under vehicles, we have Schurby's big Snow Truck:

schurby-snow-truck.jpg

Maja

Eager
Sorry I disappeared Maja....my internet connection is going in and out with all the downloading, and at a moment's notice, it just goes off and then I can't get it back for awhile. Hope you're still doing okay with P11.2 installation...

:oops:

No problem. I was bussy, anyway. P11.2 is working fine so far. There's an issue with La Femme and cylcles. The eyebrows are on seperate polygons very close to the head mesh, what makes an unwanted color effect with cycles subsurface scattering. That's tricky. Don't know if I can fix it without loosing the scatter look. Have to explore that.

Unbenannt.PNG

skylab

Esteemed
You should have been on the early adopter beta testing team, since you have more knowledge of advanced features than the average user. Your input can still be useful, even now, as you discover anything that needs fixing :)

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just downloaded the extra content. It's good to see the animals again! The cat is the first one I ever did animation on. Wish I still had those files. If I do a walk for it would you like to upload it to sharecg Sky?

I love the Romantic Bedroom and petals. Happy about that and I don't have Flink's mossy rocks. The potted plants are a nice new addition, also...especially the ones in the barrel planter.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Thought you'd like the flowers and nature content :) And glad you figured out the large thumbnails....that's wonderful...now I can actually see the thumbnail instead of just getting a little hint of what it is. I used to see stuff pretty good in Poser 7, but those days have been gone for a long time.

And Janet, if you find your Poser cat stuff, sure, I'd upload it for you, with a statement of permission, and being in your name....if that's what you want. I've been surprised at the response to the Poser Housecat, but several have said that they had never seen poses for him at all....and as I think about it, it's true. The Poser gray tabby was the only animal that had nothing at all...no poses, no skins, no nothing....he was truly just a stray cat...so that's why I adopted him and gave him a little love. One of the poses was for you especially....when your cat kept you up all night staring at you...haha...it's called Cat PC Peek....he loads upside down, as if he's peeking into your monitor....haha.

cat pc peek.jpg