• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
That's very wise, could save you a lot of work later. I've copied my extensive runtime over to a usb backup drive so that nothing can get messed up.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I think it will default to loading La Femme if you are installing that content...that's why I'm thinking about just installing the older stuff that won't side track the default settings, plus some of the other premium content...there's some cool stuff in the 3D Scenery, and the new figures are Maisie, Mr. Bones, Raffael, UniDwarf, and something called Bloop. There's cool new stuff in the vehicles too...a couple of Schurby's things, plus his '59 Impala, which comes with all the cool car mats that I use...and they render nicely in firefly....his glass, chrome, car paint, and tire rubber are the best :) There are also vehicles by 3DClassics, AppleJack, RPublishing, and Simon-3D. And under the props of the vehicles, there's a Camper Van by Blue Tree Studio. In the first scenery zip, there's Cybertenko's Vincent Bedroom....cool :) I still have two scenery zips to go...but that's what I'm seeing in the zip files. Very nice new content options :)

Maja

Eager
Done. Seems like installation was successfull. Everything looks familiar. Poser tells to be v11.2.272 now.

Note: I deactivated the Smith Micro license before installation of P11.2, and did an in-place installation (P11.2 over P11.1). Due to deactivaded license I had to fill in my name, serial number, and e-mail adress at the first programm start after update.

It's the usual SM install dialouge. Make sure to tell Poser to use your content path and (existing user) preferences during intall!

Poser11_2.png

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Maja....looks good, no errors...looks like you're back in business....yay!! Now you can keep on making more pretty stuff in Poser. Do you think you'll try using La Femme for dynamic stuff, or will you stick with Pauline and Paul? I think there will be a male partner to La Femme that will be released later, according to what I've read.

skylab

Esteemed
Right, La Femme is part of the new content, and the default figure, taking Andy's place. I think Andy and all the other mannequins are still there.

Maja

Eager
Yes, Andy is still there.

Since I'm in vocational education I don't have much time for content creation. So far my Kimono project isn't even done. I'm sorry, my priorities have changed. I will go one creating content, but less intensive.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, I do remember your saying that you were in school now...but that's okay, it will be waiting for you when you've completed your training. A time and season for everything :)

Maja

Eager
SF material for La Femme should be done quite quick, since I can use existing Pauline material as a basis. Perhaps I'll find the time for that
during weekend.

skylab

Esteemed
Ahhh, so some of Pauline's stuff may transfer over to La Femme...that would be good...would save you a lot of time and effort :)

Maja

Eager
No, unfortunately a simple transfer of materials from Pauline to La Femme is not possible, due to different structure and material names. Transfering clothes might work though. The body parts have the same names. Giving it a try would not destroy anything.

skylab

Esteemed
Sorry I disappeared Maja....my internet connection is going in and out with all the downloading, and at a moment's notice, it just goes off and then I can't get it back for awhile. Hope you're still doing okay with P11.2 installation...

:oops:

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. I hope all is going well now, Sky. Intermittent internet is no fun. We just had a power blip with our thunderstom.