• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Okay Janet, checking now. I'm taking a brief break from downloading so that I can do things like email without messing up the downloads :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, I see that this is for the Poser original cat, instead of the Poser gray tabby Housecat, so I'll need to make a distinction between the two. The Poser original cat is the oldest cat. The gray tabby housecat is compatible with the Poser 8 dog, and the big tan dog that was probably meant to be a lab.

Your walk animation is for the Cat found in Poser Originals:

poser-original.jpg

...and the Poser gray tabby Housecat, for which I've been making comical poses, is under Pets. It worked out great, since I needed Doberman's for the Last Selfie poses...haha...so the Poser 8 Dog worked great for that:

pets.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Would you be willing to do an animated walk for the gray tabby? That would be purr-fect :) As soon as I can find the eye patch that Linda and I spent time finding awhile back, I hope to do a scraggly cat pose based on The Cat Came Back theme....you know, eye patch, bent tail :) He's becoming the face of old Legacy Poser animals....haha...a lot like us old Poser users :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I emailed someone this morning, and included this, and thought it was fitting to post it here, now that we're all sighing relief over Poser 11 being functional again :)

It's a relief that we all have our Poser 11 back....hasn't been this big of a software upset among women since JASC Paint Shop Pro 7 was sold to Corel...haha. It's like, don't mess with my art tools, and nobody gets hurt...haha.

We need a T-shirt that says that....we could start a club...haha :)

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh thanks Janet! Do you want me to upload both, when you're ready....that way, I could make the same distinction for users...some will know, and others won't know the difference unless I make that same distinction.

skylab

Esteemed
The preset poses that are in the Legacy content for a cat were created for the original cat, the same one that you have an animated walk cycle for. But the Poser Housecat for some reason never had any preset poses, and if you apply the original cat poses, the Poser gray tabby doesn't look quite right, and his tail stays in zero position. So that's why I got the idea to create my own pose sets for him, to show him some love...and just like any stray, he's sticking around...haha.

It's also good to remember that, back then, IK was set on the figure legs....and it's best to take that off before applying any type of pose, or their legs will get a twisted appearance that is not a part of the pose, but is a reaction to the pose + the IK restriction. And, if you try to move them anywhere, their legs will appear "stuck to the floor"....so I always uncheck IK first.

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, when I post your animations on ShareCG, I'll give you full credit, and a link back to your stuff at Rendo maybe...whichever source you choose, since now we're limited to one link in the description at ShareCG....or maybe you could include a text file that I could upload with it, giving all your store locations....there you go, a promo ReadMe. That's what I ended up doing with the last cat poses so that folks could find the props to use with them. So if you could write out a Promo ReadMe, that would be great :)

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...wanted to give you the say-so in that, since ShareCG has the one link limit now.

Just read where there's one hitch...D3D XL library script is not functioning in the Poser 11.2 release...what a shame...I hope they can fix it. His stuff was (and still is) excellent. If I recall, he usually did an update to his scripts for nearly every Poser release...he believed in keeping things up-to-date. I had to do a clean install for beta testing each time, so I knew I'd have to face re-installing my plug-ins, scripts and add-ons when the dust finally settled. So here's where we will be doing the work of discovering what will and won't work.

skylab

Esteemed
I don't think I've mentioned this before, and should now, giving credit and praise where it is due, to Rendo, for supplying all the Poser content in the form of zipped runtimes, instead of auto-installers. That means once the content is downloaded, it can be installed in the location of our choice. The old installers were like a runaway car, once it got going, it didn't stop until everything was in....which was nice for new users, but the zipped content files give many more options for experience users, so thank you Rendo for doing that!

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
For those who might be interested, here are some promo pages of the content that is now included in Poser 11.2, to give you an idea of how it can be used:

VINCENT BEDROOM

SCHURBY '59 IMPALA

SCHURBY FORD TRACTOR

SCHURBY SNOW TRUCK

CAMPER VAN

WOLF HELICOPTER

ROMANTIC BEDROOM

FLINK'S MOSSY ROCKS

HADENMAN CRUISER

PINK 2 (This is the DAZ Studio version, apparently Pink 2 for Poser was retired)

BLOOP

MAISIE

MR BONES (This is the game license version, don't see the standard version)

RAFFAEL (I did several pose sets for him awhile back, go here to find)

HAMELEON POSING STUFF

...just to name a few, there are many others as well :)