• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
P11.2 serial is working, but the last install was in really bad shape. They had just stripped all the old content out, and left a butt-naked La Femme on the loading page, and apparently it was conflicting with the old default Andy load, so I was getting a lot of error prompts that I'd never seen before....programming type of stuff. It was a mess. I went to load the Blackie cat, to check the posing, and it wouldn't show properly in the preview mode....so I just gave up. I felt like somebody had just stolen my favorite 3D program, and it didn't sit well. I know they'll get the bugs worked out, but somebody has got their work cut out for them. They've focused so much on branding, links and store searches that they forgot to check how all this was panning out, especially after the content was stripped out. Now I wish I had the option to just stay with Poser 11.1....at least it would be compatible with all my other content, old and new....and all my scene files and animations. But they had announced early on that everyone would have to upgrade due to the Smith-Micro serial issue. So....I just put it aside and am trying not to think about it...and I didn't want to use up my serial installations on betas that were getting worse instead of better.

You asked about animation...I'd like to see the type of thing that Studio, iClone and FlowScape are doing....oceans, water movement, fluid simulation, particles, fire, fog, rain, and animation paths for vehicles....and on, and on, and on....what the rest of the 3D world is doing. But no...we have to explore all the skimp-wear possibilities for yet another figure....AGAIN....under the "sex sells" banner....which is yellowed and full of holes by now...and most of us are getting way too old for that stuff anyway. Just a browse through Rendo's products tells all we need to know. And yeah, once in awhile, something of really great quality floats to the top....and then quickly disappears out of sight. Poser will be departing from its character creation roots. But then again, the Poser Housecat wouldn't be so homely if somebody had taken even a little interest in creating one decent skin for him. Look around....how many Poser owners are producing anything of quality for free download any more....Maja was putting us all to shame in that area, since her work was truly exceptional. And what are we doing with it? Paul and Pauline, new weight-mapped figures, being stuck on a legacy collection server. They were actually created for Poser 11. It's beyond excuse. That's enough to be said....what's done is done...it's just not at all where I thought this would be going. I'm glad that Hivewire will be included, and they certainly have nice animals to contribute. My issues are more about ripping Poser 11 apart so that we have nothing left should we want to go back to Poser 11.1....it's not an option apparently, though I don't understand why that one thing couldn't be fixed and redirected away from Smith-Micro mothership calls...so it feels like our program was stolen from us, not necessarily intentional, by the circumstances surrounding the Smith-Micro sale. This total remake could have been saved for Poser 12....and then we'd have the option to purchase, or not purchase....and they wouldn't be rushing to get so much ready just for a serial number activation release. It was too much too fast. I'll download it when it's released, and I'll install it....but it depends on how it behaves as to whether I'll use it...it just feels like three Poser 11 licenses, down the drain....and it was only my favorite program.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
cat-sitting.jpg

cat-face.jpg

last-selfie.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. Looooong day at work yesterday. I've passed the Flowscape info n as a couple of others are starting to have fun with it. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Great....I'm glad the "others" are finding out that it's a lot of fun....a great stress reliever too. And I'm thinking that FlowScape is really going to take off....that guy works....hard and fast....on creating updates for it.

If folks prefer getting the full size tutorial images, they can just come to page in this thread where it's located and click on each image to view it, and when it pops up, save the .jpg.....if they prefer it that way over getting the PDF. At the time I just thought the PDF might be handier for folks than keeping up with the images. That reminds me, I probably should create a quick PDF with the ocean instructions, before I lose track of the image sequence.

:bee:

Last edited:

Terre

Renowned
Stripping out the old content doesn't sound good to me unless they set up a download site for it for those who want it. Paul and Pauline should be there as well as many people like using a variety of figures in scenes, not just one figure doing everybody of the same gender. In the prequel that Jim is doing for The Barbarians one of the main figures is being done by GND Anastasia. Another is V3.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I read where they are setting up a download site, so they won't be totally inaccessible....but I'm thinking future users. Maja invested a lot of time doing those biblical clothing sets, and they were one of a kind, excellently done, but limited to Paul and Pauline. She probably never dreamed that they would become obsolete even within the Poser 11 version. That's what I mean by her work falling by the wayside, as I referred to it earlier...new users would never know to even look for it. And I haven't gotten entirely over Pappy's biblical themed models being swallowed up by skimp-wear ads, and he gave up because of it....I can remember seeing his ads years ago on Rendo....that's how I found him, and emailed him a decade ago. Back years ago nobody knew that I was in contact with Pappy regularly, as we were bouncing around ideas for projects. But the flood of DAZ stuff was overwhelming, and he just didn't have the heart to compete with it any more. So, I'm seeing this as two major hits for biblical content creators...and both are (were) my friends....so everyone will have to pardon me ever so much, but I reserve the right to not like it, when it hurts my friends, and the projects that we've worked on together. We've seen this kind of drama play out in the past, where good people get mowed over in order to meet restructuring and marketing goals. As much as I have enjoyed Poser, I'm not up for much more of this. I can just do pose projects on an older version of Poser and bow out of trying to keep current with the latest software and content....especially if the most important projects will be trashed.

I think it's fitting that we see Maja's work here again, to show appreciation for all that she did. She also has many other clothing items for Paul and Pauline at ShareCG. These are her renders so I'm going out on a limb by posting them, but she used to tell me it was okay when we were working together at RDNA forum. This is only a sample of the projects that she did in her spare time for about two years. After the priest outfit was completed, I was hauled to the emergency room the following month, and I spent the next two years recovering from surgeries, and then Maja had her own real life challenges that are still preventing her from working regularly in 3D. She probably is not yet aware of the changes that will happen in Poser. But one thing for certain....when she comes back to visit this thread....I want her to know that I appreciated her efforts, and this is to acknowledge that I haven't forgotten.

The first render of the priest is one of my beta test renders when we were working together. The rest are Maja's renders. Bless you girl!

HIGH PRIEST.jpg

paul-priest.png

paul-priest2.png

pauline-biblical.png

paul-biblical4.png

paul-biblical5.png

paul-biblical3.png

paul-biblical6.png

paul-biblical7.png

paul-biblical2.png

paul-biblical.png

skylab

Esteemed
Just received this announcement from Renderosity about the Poser 11.2 release, so far scheduled for Thursday, September 19. It also addresses the included content. It's still not clear what will actually be in the program, and what will be available for additional download, but I'm holding on to the hope that Paul and Pauline will remain a part of the new Poser 11.2 release, for the sake of Maja's work:

UPDATE TO POSER 11.2 ON SEPT 19

Have a good evening everyone :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Sometimes certain things just have to be said, though it may not be pleasant doing so, nor for the readers...but it's a part of truthful communication. Sometimes I think it would be worthwhile for folks to spend time on the ShareCG Poser section, to get an idea of what hobbyists are doing. Some work hard at what they do, and without their support, the 3D community wouldn't be the same.

On a brighter note, I think the Poser cat will handle the poses I had in mind. The tail was mostly my concern. It has curling controls, but it doesn't take much for it to get in a twist that is very difficult to remove. Wish I had a zero tail function, like Seliah created for the hands of a lot of the older figures. Helps save time, and the eyesight. I found it's best to just do the bends by hand...that's how I created the heart without it twisting out of shape. I kept seeing this idea in my mind, so just had to give it a try this evening :)

POSER CATS HEART.jpg

ladyfur

Eager
that sounds terrible about people losing their work. reminds me of the culling of artzone while i have never forgotten. i get very upset when companies do stunts like that. isn't there some sort of repository for older content to save whatever these preten, i mean rendo nstrocities are doing? sorry, but i got a virus on rendo once and i have never ever ever gone back! i lost a ton of my computer over it that day. :( i likely still have a long abandoned account on there i'll never visit again. i don't trust them.

ladyfur

Eager
now i'm enthusiatic? ok! i guess so! i shared picasso cat on the fnb forum. i'm glad terre posted that angel gif i'd saved 2 years ago if it helps anyone. i originally found it when a friend was ill and i was worried. i've posted it for urgent situations since. we keep a bunch of regular pics for our forum like day of the week ones and event ones...